Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Where are SF these days

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wicklow, Ireland
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Where are SF these days

    is it just me but SF seem to have largely left the political stage here in the south recently,or at least from the medai, i've not heard them on radio, seen them on TV, or read about them in the IT or online.....?

    is this happening as they are intentionally keeping stum in areas where they have been proven to be lacking in the recent past, ie economic policy, etc or is it just that now that NI is largely normalized that they are just of no interest to the media here?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Catalpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dublin West
    Posts
    10,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drbob1972 View Post
    is it just me but SF seem to have largely left the political stage here in the south recently,or at least from the medai, i've not heard them on radio, seen them on TV, or read about them in the IT or online.....?

    is this happening as they are intentionally keeping stum in areas where they have been proven to be lacking in the recent past, ie economic policy, etc or is it just that now that NI is largely normalized that they are just of no interest to the media here?
    Outside of this Site they don't seem to have a media presence in the 26Cos.

    Not surprised really - since Lisbon was rejected they have almost disappeared from public notice.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bloomsbury, Central London
    Posts
    8,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post
    Outside of this Site they don't seem to have a media presence in the 26Cos.

    Not surprised really - since Lisbon was rejected they have almost disappeared from public notice.
    Arrant nonsense.


  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wicklow, Ireland
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by factual View Post
    Arrant nonsense.
    now in fairness your hardly an unbiased opinion, seriously have you not noticed the lack of SF in the media of late outside of NI matters, its hard to find something about them in the media at present, the best they seem to manage is a byline or comment about them/ from them at the bottom end of a news piece about something FG / FF, Lab or greens have said or done....

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member H.R. Haldeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They haven't gone away you know.



    (How the f*** did it take 4 posts for some idiot to post this?)

  6. #6
    Duth Ealla
    Guest

    Default

    The other idiots were waiting for the idiot in chief

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poblacht na hÉireann
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The Provos are thoroughly diseased and must now shrivel up and die.
    "I hereby declare that the Continuity Executive and the Continuity Army Council are the lawful Executive and Army Council respectively of the Irish Republican Army, and that the governmental authority, delegated in the Proclamation of 1938, now resides in the Continuity Army Council, and its lawful successors."

    Comdt. General Thomas Maguire

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member corelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    That Morgan guy was on the 9 News spouting about the Government not being able to handle the economy. Now that may be correct but given Sein Fein's economic strategy, or lack thereof, at the last general election, it was rather amusing.

    Pot and kettle came to mind!

  9. #9
    Duth Ealla
    Guest

    Default

    Jaysus, Corelli it must be great craic going out with you for a pint. You seem easily amused.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H.R. Haldeman View Post
    They haven't gone away you know.



    (How the f*** did it take 4 posts for some idiot to post this?)
    its not our fault he was late

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •