Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Goverment to Introduce Anti Begging Laws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Goverment to Introduce Anti Begging Laws

Just saw this on the RTE website

RTÉ News: New laws to crack down on begging

Not sure how i feel about this and by that i mean, how many of those people begging want to be begging?
    Are we just trying to cover up a problem with poverty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bertie is for the chop so.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cracking down on begging, at the beginning of a crippling recession and record unemployment....

Great to see FF moving to solve the REAL problems we have.......

Don't we already have a Vagrancy Act? What's wrong with this? It may have been introduced in Dickensian times but the powers it grants can't really be added to in any meaningful way

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is most welcome. There is a woman on the streets of Wexford town for 20 years, and I have been informed by someone who knows her that she owns a home. In that context, she is just being a nuisance, and is behaving in an undignified and nuisancical matter. I also believe that illegal-immigrants found to be begging should be summarily deported. I am also firmly of the belief that most beggars and 'homeless' people are in fact not homeless in the strict definition of that term. Many are mentally-ill, and belong in an institution.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its about time. I am sick and tired of seeing gypsy Roma scum shove babies in my face and demand money. Dublin city centre is absolutely infested with these vermin. Imagine putting your child through that? I also see small Roma boys put out on the streets to beg. Why arent their parents arrested for this? It's getting more like Calcutta by the day. The top of Grace Park Road in Dublin 9where the sign for the airport is also very bad with Roma gangs of 3 or 4 surrounding cars demanding money.

Politics.ie Member PhoenixIreland's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought this was already illegal? I've seen cops move on beggers before.

If you want to help homeless people donate to a homeless charity, handing them money either gets them drug or drink money or give is to someone whos having you on and is not actually homeless.

Its about time. I am sick and tired of seeing gypsy Roma scum shove babies in my face and demand money. Dublin city centre is absolutely infested with these vermin. Imagine putting your child through that? I also see small Roma boys put out on the streets to beg. Why arent their parents arrested for this? It's getting more like Calcutta by the day. The top of Grace Park Road in Dublin 9where the sign for the airport is also very bad with Roma gangs of 3 or 4 surrounding cars demanding money.
    because the fathers send the mothers out to do it, and the mothers either send the kids or use the kids as bait.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    This is most welcome. There is a woman on the streets of Wexford town for 20 years, and I have been informed by someone who knows her that she owns a home. In that context, she is just being a nuisance, and is behaving in an undignified and nuisancical matter. I also believe that illegal-immigrants found to be begging should be summarily deported. I am also firmly of the belief that most beggars and 'homeless' people are in fact not homeless in the strict definition of that term. Many are mentally-ill, and belong in an institution.
    Yeah.......

Personally though, I think the problem of begging on our streets is being caused by the unelected European elites who just won't take No for an answer. These proposals on begging are an affront to democracy, and the notion that they can be put before the people again is being disrespectful to democracy.

Furthermore, the Charter of Fundamental rights promotes begging in all its forms, and condemns children as young as 3 to head out on the streets. Only when this pro-begging Charter is removed from Lisbon, can we vote Yes

I thought the law against begging was striken down as unconstitutional by Justice De Valera a year or two ago...

This is ofcourse welcome. The partisan quibbling of the bleeding heart(!) blueshirts to one side. Far from being the ast resort of the poverty striken, some of the most troubling begging is by children and women of which little of the money stays with them.
    Liquidate labour, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is about flaming time too!! They should also allow drivers to run down any beggar on the roads - traffic lights, roundabouts etc.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast