Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More disgrace for Drogheda Hospital as homosexual surgeon is struck-off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default More disgrace for Drogheda Hospital as surgeon struck-off for sexual assault of males

A former consultant surgeon at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda has been struck off the medical register for professional misconduct.
    It follows an inquiry into complaints that Dr Michael Shine indecently or sexually assault male patients.
    Today President of the High Court Mr Justice Richard Johnson confirmed the decision to erase Dr Shine's name from the medical register.

Mr. Shine has been stuck following numerous allegations that he sexually assaulted adult males and male children.

RTÉ News: Drogheda surgeon struck off after complaints

I had direct experience of Mr. Shine having been a patient of his in the 90's. I attended him with back injury and was surprised at the level of "supervision" by a female nurse. I had attended other male doctors with injuries in more "sensitive" areas and the examinations were never monitored in this way.

(By the way, in my case Mr Shine conducted himself professionally and gave me good medical care.)

This indicated that suspicions existed but the hospital allowed the surgeon to continue to practice.

Is it any wonder that Dr. Neary was able to do what he did.
    Last edited by TheBear; 24th November 2008 at 05:27 PM.

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suggest "homosexual" be removed from this title as it is tarring gay people with the same brush as this doctor. If it was a heterosexual interfering with female patients I doubt we would see "heterosexual" in the title. Naturally I condemn this man and agree that the lessons from the Neary case in terms of keeping their house in order have not been learned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This person did not seek to get sexual gratification from his fumbling with adults so in my humble opinon WhiteHorse he would be considered to be a child abuser. Homosexuals are adults who find other adults of the same gender sexually attractive and seek sexual union with them. Childabusers are people who use their positions of power to gain sexual gratification from abusing children. You are purposely distorting the facts of this case by the title of your thread but never let a lie get in the way of facts or truth WH. Your bigotry and hatred is unbelievable. Judge not lest ye be judged WH.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The title and tone of this thread is offensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernanator View Post
    This person did not seek to get sexual gratification from his fumbling with adults so in my humble opinon WhiteHorse he would be considered to be a child abuser. Homosexuals are adults who find other adults of the same gender sexually attractive and seek sexual union with them. Childabusers are people who use their positions of power to gain sexual gratification from abusing children. You are purposely distorting the facts of this case by the title of your thread but never let a lie get in the way of facts or truth WH. Your bigotry and hatred is unbelievable. Judge not lest ye be judged WH.
    I am confused by your agressive post. Please point out any factual inaccuracy in my post and I will edit it.

Both adult male and male children reported assult by Mr. Shine.

I am not interested in debating the semantics of what constitutes homosexual assault and child abuse on this thread.

This thread is about the negligence of the hospital authorities in allowing people like Mr. Shine and Mr. Neary to practice.

That is a more important issue that your "gay pride" or whatever it is you feel is offended.

Get over yourself. There are bigger issues out there.

Politics.ie Member PhoenixIreland's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    I suggest "homosexual" be removed from this title as it is tarring gay people with the same brush as this doctor. If it was a heterosexual interfering with female patients I doubt we would see "heterosexual" in the title. Naturally I condemn this man and agree that the lessons from the Neary case in terms of keeping their house in order have not been learned.
    Exactly.

It's a bit like "NIGERIAN man accused of assault"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Future Taoiseach Writes:
    I suggest "homosexual" be removed from this title as it is tarring gay people with the same brush as this doctor.
    I totally agree. His sexual assaults were against teenage or child patients between 1964 and 1994, so I would call him a paedophile. The relationship between children and adults is not an equal one, given that adults are physically larger and stronger and have power and authority over them. He abused these children because he could, not because of his sexual orientation.
    Last edited by Andrew49; 24th November 2008 at 03:42 PM.
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I am confused by your agressive post. Please point out any factual inaccuracy in my post and I will edit it
    You seem to suggest that Drogheda hospital ought to be embarassed for having a "homosexual" on their payroll, rather than for having a sex-fiend in employment there.

But of course you can see this difference. You're not a total moron, after all

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixIreland View Post
    Exactly.

It's a bit like "NIGERIAN man accused of assault"
    No it isn't. Sexual orientation is a matter of disposition, unlike nationality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mccafferty cat View Post
    You seem to suggest that Drogheda hospital ought to be embarassed for having a "homosexual" on their payroll, rather than for having a sex-fiend in employment there.
    There is nothing wrong with employing homosexual heath professionals. I have attended this hospital my entire life and have attended several doctors there who were homosexuals.

I received nothing but excellent care from each of them, as I did from Mr. Shine.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast