Iím planning to research my family history to fullest extent that records will allow. Any help with the below questions from people with experience in the area will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance for all responses.
1. Iíve so far compiled the below list of Places to look for Family History. Can anyone recommend other places to look that may be of value?
2. If any of the below places allow you to look up information by internet, is there any advantage in actually visiting the records office itself? (eg getting a feel for a document)
3. In the event I have to travel (eg to London), can anyone give me pointers on how to ensure I can get everything done efficiently in one visit?
4. I am inexperienced in this area. Any general pointers on how to go about this project in the best way will also be appreciated.
Places to look for Family History
County Library (Wexford, Roscommon,Mayo)
- Tithe of Applotment Records
- Griffith Land Registry
- National Archive Office
- National Library
- Birth and Death Register
- Public Records Office