Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Ireland need a right wing Dictatorship?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Does Ireland need a right wing Dictatorship?

In light of the governments attempts to tackle vested interests and the opportunism of the opposition, is it time that democracy was suspended in Ireland for a minimum 5 year period so that the government is able to ruthlessly deal with various vested interests that are holding the economy back. I'm neither a fascist nor a communist but I believe that Ireland requires strong leadership during this major economic crisis. While I acknowledge that Pinochet was a serial human rights abuser in Chile he did implement necessary and radical free market reforms that made the Chilean economy the most competitive in South America. Its time for a responsible right wing dictatorship without any human rights abuses taking place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh no. Now get back in your box.
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” - Albert Einstein

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Baldur0300,
    Tell me what is Cowen going to do about the cancerous vermin that run the public sector ie the trade unions. Do you think that democracy is sucessfully able to tackle vested interersts that are holding the Irish economy. Apparenetly Pinochet fired thousands of public sector layabouts when he ran Chile. The first 2 parties to be banned in a dictatorship in Ireland would be Fianna Fail and Fine Gael on grounds of gross incompetence and selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    In light of the governments attempts to tackle vested interests and the opportunism of the opposition, is it time that democracy was suspended in Ireland for a minimum 5 year period so that the government is able to ruthlessly deal with various vested interests that are holding the economy back. I'm neither a fascist nor a communist but I believe that Ireland requires strong leadership during this major economic crisis. While I acknowledge that Pinochet was a serial human rights abuser in Chile he did implement necessary and radical free market reforms that made the Chilean economy the most competitive in South America. Its time for a responsible right wing dictatorship without any human rights abuses taking place.
    Prize for dumb post of the year. Dolt.
    Tell me, when we are thrown out of every internaitonal organization of which we are a member, how will El Dictatoro deal with that?
    And, if you can show me a single instance in the world history of tyrrany without human rights abuse, well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are serious then you are a dreadful human being

And Pinochet bankrupted Chile and impoverished the people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Baldur0300,
    Tell me what is Cowen going to do about the cancerous vermin that run the public sector ie the trade unions. Do you think that democracy is sucessfully able to tackle vested interersts that are holding the Irish economy. Apparenetly Pinochet fired thousands of public sector layabouts when he ran Chile. The first 2 parties to be banned in a dictatorship in Ireland would be Fianna Fail and Fine Gael on grounds of gross incompetence and selfishness.
    The fact that you keep referring to the policies of Pinochet doesn't say much for your "argument".

You do realise that dictatorship by its nature is a breach of human rights? You've already talked about banning the parties that represent the majority opinions of the citizenry. What next?
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” - Albert Einstein

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BodyofEvidence View Post
    Prize for dumb post of the year. Dolt.
    Okay, how do you propose to ruthlessly confront vested interests that are holding the Irish economy back because having to pander to various sectoral interests sure as heel doesn't work in order to be re-elected. Trade unions are a cancerous affliction on the public sector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

. Who would you like as dictator?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, how do you propose to ruthlessly confront vested interests that are holding the Irish economy back because having to pander to various sectoral interests sure as heel doesn't work in order to be re-elected. Trade unions are a cancerous affliction on the public sector.

There goes another human right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trade Unions are a cancerous effect? Would you like to explain that one Mussolini? Oh and yes you are a fascist. Everything you have said is fascist economics.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast