Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 179 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ron Paul

He strikes me as being a very able politician with integrity and a firm belief in the original values of the US. Why isn't he president?
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    He strikes me as being a very able politician with integrity and a firm belief in the original values of the US. Why isn't he president?
    I'm not a libertarian, but I love him. And it's probably his incredible honesty that has cost him popular support beyond his fans, because he is willing to admit his positions on such things as education, health care and civil rights laws. The latter makes him look like a racist, he believes that society should put pressure to avoid discrimination(at least, that's what he's said), not government, but most people say that it's just 'cause he hates blacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Simple, he didn't have the corporate/MSM backing necessary to become president. It is more of a selection than an election, the corporations, media and "NGO" groups select who they want as candidates the media hypes them up for the primary's and the public gets to choose one of the approved candidates at the end, (usually the one that is hyped up the most by the media), it's farcical.

Here is one of Naders campaign ads:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5WiE6MnmCM]YouTube - Three Way Presidential Debate - Obama, McCain, and Nader[/ame]

I am not a Nader fan, but this ad highlights just how farcical the theatrical Punch and Judy show really is.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because we don't live in an 18th century agrarian society? I hope all of his international fans think about how great it would be if someone took away your old-age pension, any semblance of support for health care, abolished your education ministry, etc. I can't believe after the past few months anyone would support a libertarian agenda, much less an extremist Paultard libertarian agenda.

On the plus side, he's way too big of a nutcase to do any real harm. And he's as old as John McCain, so I'm sure retirement is right around the corner.
    bye-bye Empire, Empire bye-bye

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ron Paul is okay but he did suck alot of support from third party candidates, and then didn't endorse them.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Paulites are in good spirits. He has been proven correct on the economy and the wars will soon prove him correct as well. Kungfugazi as usual is correct it is a selection process where the chosen are molded for public consumption. It is only after the selection of someone like the new WH head that some wake up. One of the previous posters will never wake up.

The good news is that the MSM are on it's last legs financially and the likes of the NY Times will be gone by 2010. The phoney preachers have been shown up like Dobson and the republicans, what is left, will be looking for a platform to move ahead with.

The Paulite's confidently expect Obama to follow economic policies that will a sight to see and there will be nobody to blame so roll on Obama

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Elitist View Post
    Because we don't live in an 18th century agrarian society? I hope all of his international fans think about how great it would be if someone took away your old-age pension, any semblance of support for health care, abolished your education ministry, etc. I can't believe after the past few months anyone would support a libertarian agenda, much less an extremist Paultard libertarian agenda.

On the plus side, he's way too big of a nutcase to do any real harm. And he's as old as John McCain, so I'm sure retirement is right around the corner.
    Strange thing is he didn't propose any of that. He wanted to make pensions optional, return to a healthcare system as it was before LBJ and Nixon destroyed it and abolish the dept of education, yes that one is indefensable. Hurtling America back to... 1979.

How did they cope before 1979?
    Liquidate labour, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dissident View Post
    Ron Paul is okay but he did suck alot of support from third party candidates, and then didn't endorse them.
    He endorsed Bob Barr, and he was part of the meeting between various independents that attempted to highlight key issues where independents all agreed with the wider public while the two main parties didn't. Even before he endorsed Barr he asked his supporters to vote third party.

Politics.ie Member PhoenixIreland's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defeated Romanticist View Post
    Strange thing is he didn't propose any of that. He wanted to make pensions optional, return to a healthcare system as it was before LBJ and Nixon destroyed it and abolish the dept of education, yes that one is indefensable. Hurtling America back to... 1979.

How did they cope before 1979?
    If people opt out of social security it would just make the system go bankrupt a lot sooner, thus ending social security.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Demotruk View Post
    He endorsed Bob Barr, and he was part of the meeting between various independents that attempted to highlight key issues where independents all agreed with the wider public while the two main parties didn't. Even before he endorsed Barr he asked his supporters to vote third party.
    Oh okay thanks, i missed that. In the last interview i heard he stated that he didn't support any third candidate.

Page 1 of 179 123451151101 ... LastLast