Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BANKING - What WILL Happen...

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default BANKING - What WILL Happen...

As things stand the Irish Banks require recapitalisation in EXCESS of their current market capitalisations.

Investors will not recapitalise said banks as it would be cheaper to PURCHASE them first for a fraction of what needs to be invested and that changes the Investment strategy

If, for example, UAE investors were considering such an investment in an Irish Bank (which they would never) they would quickly see the value in a new start up. Such a start up would be in a position to cherry pick the best clients and would further undermine the Irish Banks.

(Barclays are paying 19% !!!!! to middle east investors That will surely drag them down)

So, Chinese or Oil nations are now in a Prime position to become the Worlds Bankers and if they see the opportunity that I see they could wipe every Irish Bank out.

There is of course one drawback to this evolution, we, the Irish Taxpayer still have to cover the cost for the septic tiger banks...... Ireland Inc. heading for bankruptcy

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I disagree with the value of a startup - no name awareness, no distribution, no access to client - much better to buy all of these on the cheap (as they are currently available)

I agree no way anyone out there in UAE land wants to buy an Irish bank at the moment

The biggest problem for the Irish market (share wise) is the utter lack of natural buyers of securities. Domestic Pension/Investment funds, investors etc have no interest (or money) and in an international context there is no reason to hold Irish securities.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default startup

Adrem,

a start up is simple

*lots of empty real estate - Landlords cutting cheap deals

*The win for a start up is the kill for existing - The startup backed by actual assets and more prudent selection and lending has lower operating costs.
    All existing banks that got caught up in property CANNOT compete, write downs and other incurred costs leave them at the post.

Think it out, run the scenario and remember you heard it from me first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nationalisation of the banking sector is the only long-term solution. Profiteers out to make a quick buck should not be in control of Ireland's finacial sector.

Asi-Irish

I think we're headed back to the good old days of the Credit Union.

Asi-Irish

Oh crap.

I didn't realize that the Credit Union is also farked!

Credit unions facing losses of at least €700m
    Irish Examiner | Irish News | News from Ireland

And they're looking for a bail out?
    Emergency credit union fund proposed - The Irish Times - Fri, Nov 07, 2008

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZANU-FF View Post
    Adrem,

a start up is simple

*lots of empty real estate - Landlords cutting cheap deals

*The win for a start up is the kill for existing - The startup backed by actual assets and more prudent selection and lending has lower operating costs.
    All existing banks that got caught up in property CANNOT compete, write downs and other incurred costs leave them at the post.

Think it out, run the scenario and remember you heard it from me first.

Who will deposit funds with them? Without depositors your bright shiny new bank will not be able to lend . . . unless it adopts the Northern Rock approach of borrow and lend on which is what led to the sh1t hitting the fan in the first place

A new bank is not interested in empty real estate - a start up property developer might be but even he will note that the real estate is empty for a very good reason

I don't see the start up bank approach working out - I will however remember that I heard it from you first.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrem View Post
    I disagree with the value of a startup - no name awareness, no distribution, no access to client - much better to buy all of these on the cheap (as they are currently available)
    Yes, you´re right. You probably don´t remember an obscure bank called rabo which miserably failed to attract any Irish depositors because of the lack of name awareness and local branches.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have to admit the free market enterprise does not work. The banks bank need to be regulated by law and the regulater need legal power to oversee and enforce right.
    Unless you think whats happing is fine.
    Time for the Irish Goverment to do the honorable thing and go. If thay have any honour left.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by feargach View Post
    Yes, you´re right. You probably don´t remember an obscure bank called rabo which miserably failed to attract any Irish depositors because of the lack of name awareness and local branches.
    Rabo is an ONLINE bank! I use it.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast