Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Government complains about Czech President talking to Irishman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Government complains about Czech President talking to Irishman

THE GOVERNMENT has complained to the Czech embassy about a decision by Czech president Václav Klaus to meet Declan Ganley on a state visit to Ireland next week.

A true story

Just to recap. on the personalities here:

Declan Ganley (whose name is an anagram of Langley Dance, Langley being the CIA HQ, a fact surprisingly not yet reported by the Irish Times) is said to be a CIA stooge, promoting a dastardly US military agenda to scupper Lisbon.

The Czech President is a head of State whose Prime Minister has said that unless Parliament allows the US to station anti-missile radar on Czech soil, his country will not ratify Lisbon.

The Lisbon treaty is one which will either undermine US hegemony or else be used to promote it, depending on what you believe. It is a challenge to believe both propostitions simultaneously.

If Ganley met Klaus - well, who knows what might happen?

Music can be a valuable communication tool in times of fraught emotions, and this song seems about right - if you squint at the singer on the screen you can just about convince yourself it is someone in our Government ...

[ame="http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=welnlg3svTw"]YouTube - No Doubt - Don't Speak[/ame]
    Last edited by He3; 5th November 2008 at 05:07 PM.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, He3, we don't want foreigners interfering in our domestic affairs, if you remember.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibis View Post
    Well, He3, we don't want foreigners interfering in our domestic affairs, if you remember.
    Yep, but we're protesting to them, not the other way round. They must be rattled....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    Yep, but we're protesting to them, not the other way round. They must be rattled....
    Not really - a eurosceptic foreign bigwig is meeting a rich Irish eurosceptic. I'm afraid all you mean is that it's the right way round from your point of view.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what? Two foreigners (a Brit and a Czech) meeting to discuss Ireland - I'm sure it happens all the time.

The goverment really shouldn't have bothered getting involved in this.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibis View Post
    Not really - a eurosceptic foreign bigwig is meeting a rich Irish eurosceptic. I'm afraid all you mean is that it's the right way round from your point of view.

I don't support Libertas, I comment merely on the Government's feeling the need to complain...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what? Two foreigners (a Brit and a Czech) meeting to discuss Ireland - I'm sure it happens all the time.

The goverment really shouldn't have bothered getting involved in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a bit incredulous to believe that the US and its CIA would not have derailed Lisbon/EUC long before the Irish vote.

I maintain that Lisbon/EUC was and still is favourable to the US Military-Industrial Complex, CIA, etc. Ganley's overtures about a new Supranational EU Constitution based on "more democratic values" (which he hasn't defined) would probably fit the bill aswell.
    Last edited by Electro; 5th November 2008 at 06:51 PM.
    Marxists, Feminists and Leftists operate on the basis of "liberating tolerance" - i.e. their ideas should be tolerated, and any opposition should be suppressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it doesnt make any sense for the Czech president to meet Declan on a state visit
    Libertas are not a political party have no TDs MEP
    He he just trying to rattle the boat
    "We know what to do, we just dont know how to get elected afterwards" Jean-Claude Juncker on how to fix the European economy

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    I don't support Libertas, I comment merely on the Government's feeling the need to complain...
    Ah - for some reason I keep forgetting about the government. Were they on the Yes side? I don't recall them as such. Have they said something stupid? Is that news?

No, I'm commenting on the amazing lack of outrage. The foreign head of state holding the current Presidency of the Council comes over and meets our elected government and immediately there's a deafening chorus of howls about 'bullying', 'collusion', 'interference', 'unrepresentative' and all that.

But let the foreign head of state who will next hold the Presidency come here and meet with an unelected Irish power broker and.....nothing. It's all good, eh? Even though:

Mr Klaus met Mr Ganley in Prague in July after the defeat of the treaty and offered him support to launch Libertas as a pan-EU political party. He declared the treaty "dead" following the Irish vote in June and is threatening not to give his presidential signature to the treaty to complete ratification in the Czech Republic.
    Can people genuinely not see how that is foreign interference?
    Last edited by ibis; 5th November 2008 at 05:39 PM.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast