Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Obama the Anti-Christ? 'Devout' Catholic asks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Obama the Anti-Christ? 'Devout' Catholic asks

The following are excerpts from the latest newsletter of Canadian Catholic novelist Michael O'Brien best known for his apocalyptic novel Father Elijah.

I think there is more here than meets the eye. He is indeed a powerful manipulator of crowds, even as he appears ever so humble and wholesomely charming. I doubt that he is the long-prophesied ruler of the world, but I also believe that he is a carrier of a deadly moral virus, indeed a kind of anti-apostle spreading concepts and agendas that are not only anti-Christ but anti-human as well. In this sense he is of the spirit of Antichrist (perhaps without knowing it), and probably is one of several key figures in the world who (knowingly or unknowingly) will be instrumental in ushering in the time of great trial for the Church under its last and worst persecution ...

Source - LifeSiteNews
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Not an unreasonable question seeing the Messianic like view that followers have taken of him.

He appears from nowhere, gets a set up of making a speech at Dem Party conference in 2004 and then it happens from then.

There is nothing of substance in his background, no achievements, no nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004.

As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. During the 110th Congress, he helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel.

Obama directed Illinois' Project Vote from April to October 1992, a voter registration drive with a staff of ten and seven hundred volunteers; it achieved its goal of registering 150,000 of 400,000 unregistered African-Americans in the state
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Not an unreasonable question seeing the Messianic like view that followers have taken of him.

He appears from nowhere, gets a set up of making a speech at Dem Party conference in 2004 and then it happens from then.

There is nothing of substance in his background, no achievements, no nothing.
    lol
    Or maybe he's the 2nd coming?

I'm seeing some similarities there.

He appears out of nowhere in middle age.
    Very little is known about his background or childhood.
    He has a fanatical following.
    he's promising a change to the old order.
    Some people think he can walk on water.

Anti-christ? Maybe not. Maybe he is in fact the prophesied one?

(and then when his term is finished regardless of how good or bad it was his followers can rewrite , extensively , the view of him for future generations).

I think you're onto something alright!!!
    "Truth, in the matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived" - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004.

As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. During the 110th Congress, he helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel.

Obama directed Illinois' Project Vote from April to October 1992, a voter registration drive with a staff of ten and seven hundred volunteers; it achieved its goal of registering 150,000 of 400,000 unregistered African-Americans in the state
    quoting from a piece of his election material are we.

He has no legislation to his name, adding his name to something that has already been proposed and done through doesn't make it his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The following are excerpts from the latest newsletter of Canadian Catholic novelist Michael O'Brien best known for his apocalyptic novel Father Elijah.

I think there is more here than meets the eye. He is indeed a powerful manipulator of crowds, even as he appears ever so humble and wholesomely charming. I doubt that he is the long-prophesied ruler of the world, but I also believe that he is a carrier of a deadly moral virus, indeed a kind of anti-apostle spreading concepts and agendas that are not only anti-Christ but anti-human as well. In this sense he is of the spirit of Antichrist (perhaps without knowing it), and probably is one of several key figures in the world who (knowingly or unknowingly) will be instrumental in ushering in the time of great trial for the Church under its last and worst persecution ...

Source - LifeSiteNews
    Everybody knows he has a 666 birthmark on the back of his head.

Starkadder

All these Christian fundies saying "the Rapture is imminent"
    or "X is the Anti-Christ": have they forgotten Matthew 24:36-44?

36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
    BibleGateway.com: Search for a Bible passage in over 35 languages and 50 versions.

According to the founder of their religion, Christians won't know when
    the world will end.

There's a very interesting essay by Martin Gardner-whose title escapes me-where he says that this "end-of-the-world" & "Anti-Christ" stuff is usually the prerogative of Conservative Protestants.
    So it's unusual to see a Catholic saying it.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Devout Catholic

Consider this devout one.Without the influx of young black men and women to its workforce the catholic church would have to outsource its product.

hitbit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Source - LifeSiteNews
    I've seen more hysterical posts on this site...of course that's not to say that this pile of rubbish ain't mad.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Obama the Anti-Christ? 'Devout' Catholic asks,

We should know by the end of next month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast