Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abolish The Old Age Pension

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Abolish The Old Age Pension

I'm fed up of listening to people talking about what little money they get,OAP have had longer to work,to earn and to save so thay should get nothing

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While we're at it, we should abolish all student grants and make them pay the full price of their education.
    Oh, and we should slash the amount of infrastructural funding Kerry receives due to John O'Donoghue's corruption to nothing. Those boggers have had way too much already.

You might want to think that the people whose pittance you'd like to rob were the same people paying horrendous levels of income tax in the 70s and 80s so that you could enjoy your Celtic Tiger cub existence.
    I hope when you are old that your relatives are as selfish as you. Then they'll throw you in a nusring home where foreign staff will abuse you, while they sell your home.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Abolish The Old Age Pension

Quote Originally Posted by tralee1
    I'm fed up of listening to people talking about what little money they get,OAP have had longer to work,to earn and to save so thay should get nothing
    Is this a YFG policy proposal for the caring coalition? Or a Young Tory posting via a time warp from the 19th Century? If the latter here's some bad news in advance.... Attlee will make you cry.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pax
    Is this a YFG policy proposal for the caring coalition? Or a Young Tory posting via a time warp from the 19th Century? If the latter here's some bad news in advance.... Attlee will make you cry.
    Has tralee1 alluded to membership of YFG somewhere?

I'm not trying to defend YFG, or tralee1. I'd just like to know if these types of views are common currency in YFG.
    The only way to change the world is to win elections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qtman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax
    Has tralee1 alluded to membership of YFG somewhere?

I'm not trying to defend YFG, or tralee1. I'd just like to know if these types of views are common currency in YFG.
    Yeah, he's outed himself as an FG member before.
    "Partout où la liberté règne elle est incessamment attaquée et très souvent en péril” – Jean Jacques Rousseau.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

doesn't surprise me that it comes from a FGer their ancestors in Cna G cut a shilling off the old age pension under Cosgrave and Ernst Blyth
    The crown above the red hand is that of the O'Neill rulers of Ulster---not the Saxe-coborg gotha usurpers crown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The mind boggles at the mentality of the above poster.
    Another good reason why FG should never, ever get into power again.
    Sure why not let 14 year olds buy bottles of smirnoff ice while we're at it?

:x
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by martin TYRONE
    doesn't surprise me that it comes from a FGer their ancestors in Cna G cut a shilling off the old age pension under Cosgrave and Ernst Blyth
    There might have been financial imperatives in the wake of the war of independence and a republican inspired civil war.
    Anyway there's a whole lot more to Ernest Blyth than just cutting the pension.
    See here for example:
    http://www.lisburn.com/books/histori...volume2_4.html
    Politics.ie sucks. Farewell suckers
    TheOmbudsman 22/12/2005

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting link. I wonder was he aware of Collins activities regarding the six counties during the Civil War, and if so did he approve?
    "I like you. You're all right. Actually, I like you better meeting you than if somebody had just given me your record."
    Joey Ramone
    http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oaps need to take a hit like everybody else, The oap should be cut 7% and the free tv licence should be abolished.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast