Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Palin & Fruit Flies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Palin & Fruit Flies

Do we need another Sarah Palin thread ? And how do fruit flies & politics intersect...

Well they go to show the astonishing anti-intellectual bias by Palin. In a speech about children with disabilities she attacked fruit fly research as not doing anything for the public good.

WASHINGTON (AFP) Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, who has a baby with Down Syndrome, promised Friday that if John McCain wins the White House, their administration would improve education for children with special needs.

"That's more than the shortfall to fully fund the IDEA. And where does a lot of that earmark money end up? It goes to projects having little or nothing to do with the public good -- things like fruit fly research in Paris, France
    The very first Google hit for fruit fly research returns:

Fruit Fly Research Set To Revolutionize Study Of Birth Defects

ScienceDaily (Nov. 22, 2005) A Queen's University study of fruit flies that may revolutionize the way birth defects are studied has identified the genes affected by a widely prescribed drug known to cause birth defects.
    To be conservative does not mean to be anti intellectual, anti science, anti culture .... Palin is simply a backward redneck yahoo. One wonders... is her anti evolution stance actually just that... wanting us to regress towards cave dwelling (no abortions & plenty of moose hunting mind !) ?

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, for god's sake.
    Did the US government fund that research at Queen's University? Is Queen's University in France?
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know surely even the most rabid anti Palin types are going to realise that these vindicitave smears are going to backfire.

At this rate a lot of people are going to be sooo angry they will vote for her just to piss off the smart ass set who have backed Obama.

At least Sarah Palin has opinions!

Obama has done a masterly job of saying as little of substance as possible and spouting waffle instead.

the research is to help olive growing in california against the pest, perfectly good use of money, helps keeps jobs in america you know
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 25th October 2008 at 06:31 PM.
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Given her opposite number's biblical-like prophesy of crisis and upheaval should his man win, fruit fly rights should be the least of our concerns.
    A CHILD OF FIVE WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS. SEND SOMEONE TO FETCH A CHILD OF FIVE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKaiHamPT54

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post
    You know surely even the most rabid anti Palin types are going to realise that these vindicitave smears are going to backfire.

At this rate a lot of people are going to be sooo angry they will vote for her just to piss off the smart ass set who have backed Obama.

Obama has done a masterly job of saying as little of substance as possible and spouting waffle instead.
    Please, a 4 year old has opinions that doesn't mean they are fit to be the most powerful person in the world.Ironically a 4 year olds and palin's opinions would be quite comparable.

What good are her opinions when she is dead wrong.She is the most incapable politician USA has produced,we are talking about a person who could in all likelyhood be the president of the US,surely there is a better candidate out there in the republican ranks?

Your anti-Obama sentiment is idiotic,you offer no examples of his lack of substance. If i understand his domestic policies,his foregin policy etc including healthcare plan etc then surely the people in america know it too.he didn't lack on the detail imo,i know most of his policies and i live 1000s of miles away.

however all you have to do is go on youtube to see what palin is like,didnt even know what the bush doctrine is for gods sake,and her answer a bout the bail-out aswell was an absolute farce.opinions my whole she reads buzzwords from her notes that were handed to her and her instensive media answering training hasnt exactly paid off.

Plus the way she talks about obama is a disgrace,McCain/Palin tactics are the only thing that has backfired.Encouraging people to call him a terrorist at rallies etca nd through those annoying robo calls that McCain in the past denounced.

I agree with you we should not make vindictive comments against palin,she damages her campaign everytime she opens her mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This helps explain her anti intellectual/anti rational bias

NYT Sat 25th October (Excerpts)
    Ms. Palin’s faith has come under scrutiny after two videos taken in her former church surfaced on YouTube and became immediate sensations. The first showed a visiting preacher from Kenya praying fervently over Ms. Palin in a gravelly voice and asking God to favor her campaign for governor and protect her from “every form of witchcraft.”
    The second showed Ms. Palin at an event in June praising the African preacher’s prayer as “awesome” and “very, very powerful.” She is also seen nodding as her former pastor from Wasilla prays over her and declares that Alaska is “one of the refuge states in the Last Days,” a piece of prophecy popular in some prayer networks that predicts that as the “end times” approach, people will flock to Alaska for its abundant open space and natural resources.
    Bishop Thomas Muthee, the Kenyan preacher shown on the YouTube video anointing her as she ran for governor, is celebrated internationally as an effective spiritual warrior who led a prayer movement that drove a witch out of his town in Kenya. The removal of the witch, Bishop Muthee says, resulted in a drop in crime, alcoholism and traffic accidents.

Ms. Palin referred to “prayer warriors” in a radio interview Wednesday with Dr. James C. Dobson, the founder of Focus on the Family, a conservative Christian multimedia ministry.
    Warriors against witches who expect the end of days to come soon ?

cYp
    Last edited by cyberianpan; 25th October 2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: added date
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    This helps explain her anti intellectual/anti rational bias

Warriors against witches who expect the end of days to come soon ?

cYp
    You have gone long past pedantic.

On the ignore list.
    Liquidate labour, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I'm rabidly anti-Palin, and I don't think it is possible to damage her reputation more than she has done herself. I'd be utterly neutral in this election except for the existence of that woman, who can not, under any circumstances, be let within a restraining order distance of power. Call it intellectual smart-arse snobbery if it pleases you, I'd prefer to describe it as a last defence against moronism, possibly averting disaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post

Well, in the absense fof logical thought out positions informed by facts and the scientific method, thats all one can have. Shes a drooling fool...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast