Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Syria Massing Troops Along Border with Lebanon

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Syria Massing Troops Along Border with Lebanon

Fresh reports of a Syrian troop buildup along Lebanon's eastern Beka'a Valley are ringing alarm bells in Beirut and Washington.

Quoting Lebanese security sources, the Arab daily al-Hayat, reports the Syrian army has deployed tanks to the Beka'a Valley border town of al-Qa'a. Eyewitnesses also report that the Syrian Army has dug trenches and erected earthen barriers.

VOA News - Syria Massing Troops Along Border with Lebanon

cool...i love small wars between morons.
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by politicsisrotten View Post
    Fresh reports of a Syrian troop buildup along Lebanon's eastern Beka'a Valley are ringing alarm bells in Beirut and Washington.

Quoting Lebanese security sources, the Arab daily al-Hayat, reports the Syrian army has deployed tanks to the Beka'a Valley border town of al-Qa'a. Eyewitnesses also report that the Syrian Army has dug trenches and erected earthen barriers.

This is Yom Kippur too!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Trenches of Mass Deception.

Quote Originally Posted by politicsisrotten View Post

The bstrds are digging trenches. Nuke them now before its too late.

Or at least make them fill in those Trenches of Mass Deception.

FFS, the Syrians are wise to take (futile) defensive steps against an Israeli October surprise.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could this be designed to help McCain? Or is that being too cynical?

hezbollah are under your bed, weren't they supposed to swapping land soon.
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

Not sure they is anything to this bar some muscle stretching and a bit off 'I am goina get ya suckker' by Syria, I would be far more worried about unrest spreading in the China banks protests.
    PS or indeed if Stev Hawking's is right about his doomsday talk on CNN this evening.
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Syria wants a McCain admin that will be a great deal tougher on them than Obama, then they are going the right way about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post
    The bstrds are digging trenches. Nuke them now before its too late.

Or at least make them fill in those Trenches of Mass Deception.

FFS, the Syrians are wise to take (futile) defensive steps against an Israeli October surprise.
    What are you on about? This story concerns a Syrian build up on the Lebanese border - not a Jew in sight.

Recent 'terrorist' related activity inside Syria points to Assads precarious balance between pandering to Shia and then Sunni extremists may be coming apart. Does Syria expect a backlash from Hezzbollah if it is preparing to loosen ties with Iran?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was talking to a Lebanonese couple in Tanzania a few weeks ago, who were sure there was going to be a War in Lebanon in October. Now I was pretty sceptical at the time, but maybe they were right.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast