Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish jobs saved by Muslim immigrants

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish jobs saved by Muslim immigrants

The Cappoquin Chicken plant has been given a major boost by two private investors, both of whom are based in Derby and from a Muslim immigrant background. The plant will produce halal chicken and hopefully most of the jobs will be saved:

Cappoquin hopes to save most jobs
    Sunday October 05 2008

The Cappoquin poultry processing plant in Co Waterford has been sold to two private investors, Perwiaz Latif and Zahid Hussain, owners of Derby Poultry in the UK, who have taken majority stakes in the company.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Cappoquin Poultry Limited will focus on the production of halal chicken, a business in which Mr Latif and Mr Hussain have considerable experience. Talks are due to begin with trade unions at the plant to restructure the business and it is hoped to save the jobs of a majority of the existing employees.
    Cappoquin hopes to save most jobs - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

And your point is?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jfk2008 View Post
    The Cappoquin Chicken plant has been given a major boost by two private investors, both of whom are based in Derby and from a Muslim immigrant background. The plant will produce halal chicken and hopefully most of the jobs will be saved:

Cappoquin hopes to save most jobs - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Excellent news. Well done to those entrepreneurial immigrants. Just goes to show that we need to offer our immigrant population all of the opportunities that we have and they can spur on the economy. Not that I ever doubted that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And your point is?
    It's just my way of highlighting the absurdity of the "all Muslims/immigrants are evil/stealing Irish jobs" sh*te that gets posted here all the time.

It's just my way of highlighting the absurdity of the "all Muslims/immigrants are evil/stealing Irish jobs" sh*te that gets posted here all the time.
    That's fine in a sense but does it matter who bought the place? These guys are simply businessmen and probably see a big niche in halal meat production. Now we will be getting idiotic posts about halal meat....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose1 View Post
    And your point is?

It's blatant spinning.

Though still, jolly good show all round.
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

First off what does their religion have to do with anything? why is it important enough to be reported? i have no paranoia about muslims therefore hearing that they have invested and saved irish jobs while good to hear surely won't ease the non-sense fears some may have about islam?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen hawking

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you.
    Empowering Muslims, Building Bridges, Promoting Equality www.mpac.ie

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're welcome.

I thought it was time to try and bring a very small bit of balance to this place.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Balance? What point have you made? That Muslims can invest money in business for profit. Where on these forums have you seen any comment suggesting otherwise?. It all sounds a tad desperate to me

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast