Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Irish economy: well... there is one?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Co. Galway
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation Irish economy: well... there is one?

    I'm Italian (resident in Ireland since 2004) and I have to say that I'm quite worried about the "Irish Economy"... I haven't seen one since I'm here!

    The government makes a huge mistake: they tell the people that the money coming from foreign companies establishing here is the basis of the Irish economy... and that's ridiculous

    Foreign companies can decide to come here and they will keep their sites here as long it's financially interesting! As soon that ends they will just close down here and go elsewhere!!! Is this THE Irish economy? I'm stunned

    The wages cannot be kept still against the raising of the inflaction, so the balance between wages and corporation tax will VERY soon end, and the companies will go away! We are already watching the beginning of this, and there is no way back.

    Ireland has invested all the possible resources in a fake economy, deserting the Irish resources that should be re-evaluated to get an independent and healthy economy. The government is demonstrating a complete incapacity of learning from other countries mistakes.

    I really hope that Irish voters will wake up, even if now it's already quite late to recover the situation avoiding problems and sacrifices.

    Cheers
    Pino

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You are spot on Pino
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    I'm Italian (resident in Ireland since 2004) and I have to say that I'm quite worried about the "Irish Economy"... I haven't seen one since I'm here!

    The government makes a huge mistake: they tell the people that the money coming from foreign companies establishing here is the basis of the Irish economy... and that's ridiculous

    Foreign companies can decide to come here and they will keep their sites here as long it's financially interesting! As soon that ends they will just close down here and go elsewhere!!! Is this THE Irish economy? I'm stunned

    The wages cannot be kept still against the raising of the inflaction, so the balance between wages and corporation tax will VERY soon end, and the companies will go away! We are already watching the beginning of this, and there is no way back.

    Ireland has invested all the possible resources in a fake economy, deserting the Irish resources that should be re-evaluated to get an independent and healthy economy. The government is demonstrating a complete incapacity of learning from other countries mistakes.

    I really hope that Irish voters will wake up, even if now it's already quite late to recover the situation avoiding problems and sacrifices.

    Cheers
    Pino
    A champion of the people emerges with the age-old and appealing promise of "something for nothing" - to be financed through every-increasing taxes. Supply and demand are thrown out of gear - the overhead goes up; the effective use of human energy goes down; the standard of living is lowered because money cannot buy wealth that is not produced.

    WEAVER, HENRY GRADY,

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Fully Agree.

    I actually think the government is downright criminal at worst and incompetent at best. Some of the things trotted out by the government show a complete lack of understanding of the crisis.

    They are actually scaring the bejayus out me with their carry on and I hope to God I'll be proved wrong on this credit bill.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    At least the OP can head back to Italy if it all goes belly up here. From what I hear Italy has a far superior economy and one of the most workable democratic systems in the world. Oh and the food.... bar the contaminated mozzarella. Makes you wonder why you'd bother moving here

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Co. Galway
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default OT

    Quote Originally Posted by murakami View Post
    At least the OP can head back to Italy if it all goes belly up here. From what I hear Italy has a far superior economy and one of the most workable democratic systems in the world. Oh and the food.... bar the contaminated mozzarella. Makes you wonder why you'd bother moving here
    WEll.... no way! The Italian economy is totally down since the 80s and it's impossible to get it fixed without a real revolution and leaving EU. Consider that the overall tax burden in (in average) the 55%, with peaks of 66%... and since Berlusconi my FORMER homeland is just a criminal state governed by criminals voted by people that is bashing each other to get as much money they can... Wonderful place to have 2 weeks holidays... the worst place in Europe to live in.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    WEll.... no way! The Italian economy is totally down since the 80s and it's impossible to get it fixed without a real revolution and leaving EU. Consider that the overall tax burden in (in average) the 55%, with peaks of 66%... and since Berlusconi my FORMER homeland is just a criminal state governed by criminals voted by people that is bashing each other to get as much money they can... Wonderful place to have 2 weeks holidays... the worst place in Europe to live in.
    Why the need to leave the EU?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Sarcasm???

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Co. Galway
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Why the need to leave the EU?
    Quite simple:

    1. the Italian economy (and not just the Italian!) cannot afford anymore the destruction of tons of vegetables, grapes and milk every year because "Italy is not allowed to that big production". The quota system has destroyed Italian farming.
    2. Leaving the Euro Zone so bringing back the Italian Lira will make the exchange extremely profitable, so a lot of Euros and US$ will flow into the independent Bank of Italy (the Italian central bank).

    I could continue pointing out hundreds of other points, but the two above alone are enough: those two will clear the public deficit and lower the unemployment rate to an historical low peak.

    I'm not against EU, but THIS EU is made up just to grant a lot of money to the big international corporations, leaving nothing to the people.
    "An It Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    (The Wiccan Rede)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    WEll.... no way! The Italian economy is totally down since the 80s and it's impossible to get it fixed without a real revolution and leaving EU. Consider that the overall tax burden in (in average) the 55%, with peaks of 66%... and since Berlusconi my FORMER homeland is just a criminal state governed by criminals voted by people that is bashing each other to get as much money they can... Wonderful place to have 2 weeks holidays... the worst place in Europe to live in.

    Since Berlusconi !!!!!

    Wow so the Mafia / Camorra were really a source for good helping people........who knew

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Co. Galway
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default OT again :)

    Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Since Berlusconi !!!!!

    Wow so the Mafia / Camorra were really a source for good helping people........who knew
    No: Mafia, Camorra, 'Ndrangheda and Sacra Corona Unita WERE illegally funding the DC party... Now they have their men IN the government.... that's the biggest difference since Berlusconi. Mr Berlusconi has brought the criminals directly IN the parliament... what a smart thing to do uh?
    "An It Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    (The Wiccan Rede)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •