Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irish Times Clock - page 1 and 3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish Times Clock - page 1 and 3?

Just flicking through the Irish Times and they have devoted part of page 1 and all of page 3 to the repositioning of their "iconic" clock.

Just wondering if anyone thinks the clock is worthy of so much coverage, on the two most important pages in the paper?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Irish Times Clock - page 1 and 3?

That's the Irish Times all over - out of touch, lacking news and self-obsessed.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkinner
    That's the Irish Times all over - out of touch, lacking news and self-obsessed.
    I think the Times is quite good - was frankly a bit shocked, or maybe bemused, to see the paper today though. How many readers care about the clock? Put it on page 8 maybe...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by draiocht23
    Just flicking through the Irish Times and they have devoted part of page 1 and all of page 3 to the repositioning of their "iconic" clock.

Just wondering if anyone thinks the clock is worthy of so much coverage, on the two most important pages in the paper?
    As I don't get the Irish Times, what is this clock you post about? Is it important? Relevant?
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this yoke

It's only important for the Irish Times and people who are interested in these types of things. And they are fully entitled to feature it in today's paper. Hardly worth much of a thread really

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 66525.html
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The are also fully entitled to state the band of toiletpaper they use.

Issue is we expect news worthy material to be in a newspaper.

This feels more like a smug brand building exercise.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan
    The are also fully entitled to state the band of toiletpaper they use.

Issue is we expect news worthy material to be in a newspaper.

This feels more like a smug brand building exercise.

cYp
    yeh but it's hardly like they do this every day. I wouldn't be surprised either if some other papers carried a small article about it. the articles take up about two-thirds of 1/64th of todays output excluding the magazine (i have it here beside me ) - hardly cause for the reexamination of the role and motivation of the Times really is it
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The clock looks stupid on Tara street.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by draiocht23

The Times covers its clock. The Independent pushes the financial agenda of Sir Tony O'Reilly and INM. The Sunday Times pushes the political agenda of Rubert Murdoch. The Mail runs its British owner's Eurosceptic agenda.

Give me a paper that highlights its clock over ones that push the business and political agenda of its billionaire owners.

Funny enough, this site has posters who go into apoplexy over the Irish Times yet are silent over the far more sinister agendas of INM, the Mail and the Sunday Times.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw them taking the photos of it on Thursday. You should have seen the drama they were making of it. They even had a sheet over it for it's "unveiling". Over a bloody clock

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast