Follow @PoliticsIE

View Poll Results: Is SF/IRA Eurosceptic and economically void?

Voters
32. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • YES

20 62.50%
  • NO

12 37.50%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IRA/SF supporter policies

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default IRA/SF supporter policies

Well honestly I think that SF is full of tossers with nothing other than criticism for real parties, actually formulating policies, and thinking what is BETTER FOR IRELAND AND ITS INHABITANTS.No SF/IRA usually hanker back to destructive rantings about a united ireland, and oppression. But how about economics, and european unity? Go ahead
    S.Behan

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They have a full list of policies, very ironic some of them too espechally the ones on justice.
    "Were not Fianna Fail" is not an alternative vision for Ireland, GIVE US SOME POLICIES

Default Re: SF/IRA supporter policies

Quote Originally Posted by Harpey
    Well honestly I think that SF is full of tossers with nothing other than critism for real parties, actually formulating policies, and thinking what is BETTER FOR IRELAND AND ITS INHABITANTS.
    Aren't political parties supposed to formulate policies, and think what is better for Ireland and its inhabitants, or is your ambition surpassing your literacy again?
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Harpey, I would just like to say I totally object to the thread title. The order is totally wrong, it should be IRA-SF, not SF-IRA.
    We can turn the world around
    We can turn the earth's revolution
    We have the power
    People have the power ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The problem with SF/IRA is that they dislike the EU for the wrong reasons.
    MJ Coughlan,
    Waterford City.
    http://www.bebo.com/mjcoughlan23

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The problem with SF/IRA is that they dislike the EU for the wrong reasons."

They are fairly similar to the reasons espoused by Veritas. National sovereignity and all that. I know they like to wrap it up in anti-capitalist garb but that's what it comes down to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CJH
    "The problem with SF/IRA is that they dislike the EU for the wrong reasons."

They are fairly similar to the reasons espoused by Veritas. National sovereignity and all that. I know they like to wrap it up in anti-capitalist garb but that's what it comes down to
    Sovereignty is not a dirty word. I'm certainly Eurosceptic as I feel that the democratically elected representatives of the Irish people are quite capable to make decisions on behalf of this country. Foreign politicians are not qualified to make political decisions for Ireland.

SF also oppose the EU but they view it as something it clearly is not - i.e. a bastion of global capitalism. They support economic protectionism and disregard the impact that would have on us all as individuals.
    MJ Coughlan,
    Waterford City.
    http://www.bebo.com/mjcoughlan23

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjcoughlan
    They support economic protectionism and disregard the impact that would have on us all as individuals.
    As opposed to the effects of free markets on third world economies.

"Im allright Jack"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually it's because there is no free trade with the third world that is causing many of their problems.
    "Were not Fianna Fail" is not an alternative vision for Ireland, GIVE US SOME POLICIES

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sovereignty is not a dirty word. I'm certainly Eurosceptic as I feel that the democratically elected representatives of the Irish people are quite capable to make decisions on behalf of this country.
    I agree with you in this Mark. Democratically elected representatives must be allowed represent their constituents directly.

Foreign politicians are not qualified to make political decisions for Ireland.
    Yes, british ministers have no real comprehension of the Irish psyche and should never be trusted to make political decisions for any part of Ireland.

SF also oppose the EU but they view it as something it clearly is not - i.e. a bastion of global capitalism.
    Of course the EU is a capitalist agenda. It will result in similar outcome to that of the us, a clear division of wealth with the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

They support economic protectionism and disregard the impact that would have on us all as individuals.
    So what impact would this have on us all as individuals Mark?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast