Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: George Hook is a Twat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default George Hook is a Twat!

Heard about Hooks' loser' speech to FG. Now I'm not disputing FG's woeful record in getting elected-its probably the worst in Western Europe but I think Hook has sank any chance of being hired as a motivational speaker in the future. Perhaps he should market himself as a interrogator of some sort. You know break down your victim and then get them to confess. I thought the idea of a motivational speech was to make you feel ,well motivated? Not shite. I don't think FG need to be reminded that they have an inability to get elected. They should never have lost the 1997 election except for Quinn's cautiousness in Finance.

Never thought much of Hook except that he is a grossly paid curmudgeon . knowing little of rugby I cant comment on his Sports commentary but in terms of politics he can hardly be called insightful. Always felt getting in outside speakers is a complete waste of money and time anyway. If they make you feel better it quickly dissipates . Structured reform works, not paying personalities thousands. FG should bounce his cheque.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: George Hook is a Twat!

Hmmm, surely FG are twats for inviting him? And apparently he did his little 'motivational' speech for free.

Anyway, AFAIK Hook is a self-declared blueshirt. With friends like that etc
    <Insert slogan here>

more info please....this sounds like it could be a potentially entertaining story.....
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If its true(about not charging) I feel slightly better about it. He will never work in that area(motivation) again -that's for sure.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum
    Hmmm, surely FG are twats for inviting him? And apparently he did his little 'motivational' speech for free.

Really? But on his radio program he regularly claims to be a leftist. Indeed that forms the basis of the inane interaction he has every week with some American right-wing talkshow guy.
    The American wipes the floor with him every program, largely because Hook is unable to put forward a left/progressive analysis of any topic that comes up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riker1969
    If its true(about not charging) I feel slightly better about it. He will never work in that area(motivation) again -that's for sure.
    I read that in the IT today, Im pretty sure. They made a joke along the lines of FG missing out on a potentially lucrative revenue stream - plenty of FFers would pay big money to tell the FG PP they were losers
    <Insert slogan here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twtone

Really? But on his radio program he regularly claims to be a leftist. Indeed that forms the basis of the inane interaction he has every week with some American right-wing talkshow guy.
    The American wipes the floor with him every program, largely because Hook is unable to put forward a left/progressive analysis of any topic that comes up.
    He's waffled on in the past about his mother telling him the story of Michael Collins when he was a baby on her knee, and how he's been a Gaeler ever since. I agree that he lacks a coherent analysis, but that is because he's a spoofer and little more. At least his rugby analysis is somewhat entertaining (though the crowbarring-in of Shakespearean references is getting very old), but on radio he's awful.
    <Insert slogan here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twtone

Really? But on his radio program he regularly claims to be a leftist. Indeed that forms the basis of the inane interaction he has every week with some American right-wing talkshow guy.The American wipes the floor with him every program, largely because Hook is unable to put forward a left/progressive analysis of any topic that comes up.
    The American is such a gobshite, it shouldn't take very much to flatten the ****************************** and his right-wing neo-liberalist horseshit. That Hook believes you should be all matey with such fatuous jerks might be down to too much rugger-bugger bar bonhomie.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hook is suing Johnny Sexton for defamation. What a joke our defamation laws are.

A request for an apology, the withdrawal of the article, and a “proportionate donation” to the IRFU Charitable Trust has been rejected by The Irish Times. Sexton is understood to be consulting his solicitors.

The broadcaster has alleged that comments made by Sexton in the interview meant that Hook does not believe what he writes and broadcasts, and has generated controversy over player welfare, including Sexton’s, to further his career.
    George Hook threatens to sue Johnny Sexton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread title is libellous.
    The society of Twats of Ireland may sue us.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast