Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAS and the 1 Billion budget

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FAS and the 1 Billion budget

Shane Ross said that Brian Lenihan could save 1 Billion by wielding a sledgehammer through FAS and I find myself agreeing with him. A friend of mine who is on one of those FAS CE schemes told me recently that they dont do anything all day only drinking tea and doing crosswords while the supervisors on the scheme in (Co. Galway) play computer games most of the time. Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money.

http://www.shane-ross.ie/archives/340/f ... ek-quango/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Shane Ross on the Late Late

johnboy Wrote:
    Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money.
    Yeah, a tribunal. We have experience of setting up tribunals.
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Shane Ross on the Late Late

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49
    johnboy Wrote:
    Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money.
    Yeah, a tribunal. We have experience of setting up tribunals.
    In fact, we could get them to investigate themselves...
    You have disgraced yourselves again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Shane Ross on the Late Late, FAS 1 Billion budget

We'd have to carry out a survey first, or hold a meeting to decide if a survey is needed, and if needed a further meeting to decide the members of the survey group.
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If we keep this going , we will provide all the material that Senator Ross needs to fill his weekly rant in the Sunday Independent, while he concentrates on all the important work involved in being a Senator such as.............................................ehm , I mean, ah well, you know yourself !

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fianna Fail wont touch FAS with a barge pole. Look at all the party faithful throughout the country who are drawing a FAS cheque every week. It's how FF have always done it, look after their own and FUC* the rest.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerryp
    If we keep this going , we will provide all the material that Senator Ross needs to fill his weekly rant in the Sunday Independent, while he concentrates on all the important work involved in being a Senator such as.............................................ehm , I mean, ah well, you know yourself !
    Well if Senator Ross sole aim is to expose the corruption in FAS and to bring it to the fore then isn't he adding wonderful value as Senator.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is a Minister's husband going to be affected should FAS be denuded of money?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I presume someone from gubberment was invited on to counter the doom?

But who'd dare put their head above the pulpit at a time like this?

(edit: INBS executives must be furious about what was said)

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy
    Shane Ross said that Brian Lenihan could save 1 Billion by wielding a sledgehammer through FAS and I find myself agreeing with him. A friend of mine who is on one of those FAS CE schemes told me recently that they dont do anything all day only drinking tea and doing crosswords while the supervisors on the scheme in (Co. Galway) play computer games most of the time. Is it not time that a full investigation is carried to see where FAS are spending our (TAX PAYERS) hard earned money.

http://www.shane-ross.ie/archives/340/f ... ek-quango/
    so you want the gov to pay private contractors to do the same and charge more for it like they do in the uk.
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast