Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad is RTE?

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How bad is RTE?

Just lsitening to the "wireless" which I think should be renamed "clueless" and much is made of RTE's new season. We still have Tubridy, Ryan and Kenny. On radio Kenny is someway competent, although a bit stiff on TV. Ryan has his style, which is obnoxious. But Does Tubridy have any redeeming talent at all apart from being a smart arsed big eared tool?

Such a lack of originality, I have never seen. Rare exceptions include the docu-drama about Neary, Q&A and the News. Everything else is old, stale and unimaginative.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: How bad is RTE?

Not as bad as Newstalk or TV3

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And Fair City is as good a soap as you'll see.....

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTE concert orchestra is a great asset, playing tonight in NCH - free I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supermanpolitician
    a bit stiff on TV
    A bit of an understatment.

But Does Tubridy have any redeeming talent at all apart from being a smart arsed big eared tool?
    I don't agree. He is not a bit smart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat
    RTE concert orchestra is a great asset, playing tonight in NCH - free I think.
    It's not free. It costs me €160, or a portion thereof, every year.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just lsitening to the "wireless" which I think should be renamed "clueless" and much is made of RTE's new season. We still have Tubridy, Ryan and Kenny. On radio Kenny is someway competent, although a bit stiff on TV. Ryan has his style, which is obnoxious. But Does Tubridy have any redeeming talent at all apart from being a smart arsed big eared tool?

Such a lack of originality, I have never seen. Rare exceptions include the docu-drama about Neary, Q&A and the News. Everything else is old, stale and unimaginative.
    turgidys a crypto racist/bigot, ryan is lord haw haw reincarnated and the plank...... is ok on radio

TBH though i didnt see any real difference between them and the replacements they had when they were all off on holiers.

finucane is now a charicuture though. that said she seems to be the most clued in to whats happening in the real world out of the lot of em.

i'll be the first to admit ive taken the piss out of RTE but i'll admit they ARE capable of quality. unfortunetly it all seems to be in curent affairs show's like youve mentioned.

when it come to comedy, drama etc its like a first years acting class at trinity . as another poster said in another thread, they simply dont attract talant as "theyre not their type of people "

if one word sums up RTE its "safe", and thats dull as ************************.
    “The measure of a civilization is how it treats its weakest members.” Vote NO on May 25th. 2016 : Anybody but FF/FG/LAB !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tubridy can put guests at their ease and bring out the best in them.
    When interviewing an author, or talking about books in general, he actually reads the publications. That's rare.

IMHO RTE's greatest talent is Myles Dungan. He should have the PK radio slot full time.
    If there is a future, it will be Green.

Politics.ie Member Supermanpolitician's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuizMaster
    Tubridy can put guests at their ease and bring out the best in them.
    When interviewing an author, or talking about books in general, he actually reads the publications. That's rare.

IMHO RTE's greatest talent is Myles Dungan. He should have the PK radio slot full time.
    Agree that some of the serious journalists are ok. Dungan is excellent as are Sean O'Rourke and Cathal Mac Hoille.

But Tubridy, Ryan, Duffy etc are being paid vasts sums of my licence fee when they are no talent amateurs.
    Mary Wilson is a poor second to book Cooper and Hook on the radio.

Concert Orchestra are great but have to pay separately to see them. Yep we are subjected to people serving coffee in Failte Towers and to quote Morrissey (or was it Weller) "That's Entertainment".

RTE don't deserve a licence fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty much the only show I watch on RTE apart from sports/news is Reeling in the years, which probably cost a tenner to put together.

Then you have that smug tool kenny raking in a million a year.

Only topped by paying that other git Gay Byrne a RETAINER FFS. As if anyone else would employ him.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast