Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fintan O'Toole a Disgrace in IT Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fintan O'Toole a Disgrace in IT Again

In his weekly column in IT darling of the liberals Fintan O'Toole has published yet another snide condescending article.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opi ... 26504.html

This time his scorn is directed at Coillte and the Government's refusal to accept EU grants for forestry - supposedly:
    There are two probable answers. One is that the 100 per cent grant scheme delivers larger subsidies to farmers, with less need to justify spending. Since no one has to come up with the other 20 per cent of the cost, there's no need to ask about the long-term viability or sustainability of what's being done.
    But the other reason is that the EU money would come with some strings attached. There would have to be proper standards of environmental management and accountability.
    Who does this Dublin Southside theatre critic think he is?
    Leave forestry to the farmers!
    And grant allocation to FF!

OK code twinkle?
    viewtopic.php?f=164&t=40256&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p132835 6
    My Avatar is the FF logo INVERTED symbolising contempt for the FF Party and its members.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Fintan O'Toole a Disgrace in IT Again

I thought the article was spot on.

Serious questions have to be asked about whole point of Coilte and that whole thing will come to bite us in the ass as these forests are contributing to the degradation of watercourses right around the country.

Just another example of the short-term electoral cycle decison making that will be the ruination of this country.

An - oh yes - we cant blame the EU for this one - and also we are paying for the whole gig

Gives you some insight into how this country would be run if we were outside the EU - scary

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think there is several very good points raised in the article.
    What is the actual reason for refusing such substantial EU funding and why is a state owned company claiming to be called private???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edo

Serious questions have to be asked about whole point of Coilte and that whole thing will come to bite us in the ass as these forests are contributing to the degradation of watercourses right around the country.

Just another example of the short-term electoral cycle decison making that will be the ruination of this country.

An - oh yes - we cant blame the EU for this one - and also we are paying for the whole gig

Gives you some insight into how this country would be run if we were outside the EU - scary
    Couldn't agree more!
    My Avatar is the FF logo INVERTED symbolising contempt for the FF Party and its members.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447
    In his weekly column in IT darling of the liberals Fintan O'Toole has published yet another snide condescending article.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opi ... 26504.html

This time his scorn is directed at Coillte and the Government's refusal to accept EU grants for forestry - supposedly:
    There are two probable answers. One is that the 100 per cent grant scheme delivers larger subsidies to farmers, with less need to justify spending. Since no one has to come up with the other 20 per cent of the cost, there's no need to ask about the long-term viability or sustainability of what's being done.
    But the other reason is that the EU money would come with some strings attached. There would have to be proper standards of environmental management and accountability.
    Who does this Dublin Southside theatre critic think he is?

OK code twinkle?
    viewtopic.php?f=164&t=40256&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p132835 6
    oi you leave me alone! the summers over and i've no time to be defending my honour properly on t'interweb! hell i haven't even had time to read the paper today so i can't tell if you slagging me or you supporting me - i'd like to assume the latter. i'll be back later to sort ya out
    I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. - George Bush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by code twinkle
    oi you leave me alone! the summers over and i've no time to be defending my honour properly on t'interweb! hell i haven't even had time to read the paper today so i can't tell if you slagging me or you supporting me - i'd like to assume the latter. i'll be back later to sort ya out
    I'll be right here
    |
    |
    |
    V

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edo

I find that argument used by the pro-lisbon people hilarious.

We have to vote for with the EU on everything to save ourselves from Fianna Fail! In fact the FFers even tried to justify voting for lisbon on the basis that they were so incompetent and they needed the EU to manage them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you being sarcastic?

This is a very interesting article with questions that need to be answered.

This is not questioning grant allocation it is questioning why available grants were overlooked.

If the Fintan O'Toole is wrong can you offer your own opinion as to why this is has happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talkies
    Are you being sarcastic?
    No - ironic (though I may have slipped from irony into sarcasm without noticing.. )

This is a very interesting article with questions that need to be answered.

This is not questioning grant allocation it is questioning why available grants were overlooked.

If the Fintan O'Toole is wrong can you offer your own opinion as to why this is has happened.
    Tragically (the) leftie Lisbon-loving cappuchino-drinking Fintan O'Toole is right....
    My opinion - FF scumbags and thieves are at it again.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think vega1447 does irony very well ! That's a very perceptive article, up to FO'T's usual standards.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast