Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putin saves journalists from tigress - Russia Today

Politics.ie Newbie
    London (aka Lisbon Treaty/PD demise émigré)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Putin saves journalists from tigress - Russia Today

Russia Today

Putin saves journalists from tigress
    Vladimir Putin has rescued Russian TV journalists from a tiger attack by tranquilising it with a dart gun. The Prime Minister was visiting Ussuri national park in Russia’s Far East.
    The five-year old Amur tiger was trapped by researchers of the Russian Academy of Science.

Vladimir Putin, who is on a working visit to the region, arrived at the reserve on a helicopter. There he met with scientists working on research and preservation of the Amur tiger – one of the rarest predators on the planet. There are only about 450 of the big cats in Russia.

The scientists showed Putin equipment that helps them monitor migration routes and control health of the endangered species.

Among the gadgets there were GPS- Argos satellite navigation collars, special traps for taking photos of animals and a gun that fires tranquiliser darts.

Then Putin was given the opportunity to travel to the taiga to see the trapped tigress.

‘Vesti’ TV channel journalists, who were waiting for the Prime Minister at the site, just five metres away from the animal, didn’t notice that the big cat had freed itself.

They could have been attacked, but Putin reacted quickly and used the dart gun to stop the animal.

Whilst the Amur tigress was sleeping, the premier put a GPS-collar on her neck and, together with scientists, measured her length from nose to tail tip.

Finally, Putin kissed her and said: ‘Goodbye!’

This is easily my favourite story all year

It's being carried extensively in Russian language news outlets
    "I thought that I had a duty to help those that weren't as lucky as me." -- John Hume

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Putin saves journalists from tigress - Russia Today

It was on Sky News last night. Convenient there was a camera there, wasn't it? What a hero...

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if it was putin that shot the reporter in the head too by accidient :P

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparantly the tiger was only trying to protect his internationally recognised territory and Putins attack is no less than an invasion
    Few are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of their society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RUSSIA STRONG!!! RUSSIA LEADER(Prime Minister)STRONG!!!

Last edited by Aggressor; 10th October 2008 at 05:53 PM.
    A CHILD OF FIVE WOULD UNDERSTAND THIS. SEND SOMEONE TO FETCH A CHILD OF FIVE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKaiHamPT54

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hang on the Taoiseach has also been spotted out in the wilds...

Pretty dangerous stuff - that ball might have been lost in the hole if it wasn't for his intervention. At least he stopped one thing from sinking....I'll get me coat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by campbeca

Russia Today

Putin saves journalists from tigress
    Vladimir Putin has rescued Russian TV journalists from a tiger attack by tranquilising it with a dart gun. The Prime Minister was visiting Ussuri national park in Russia’s Far East.
    The five-year old Amur tiger was trapped by researchers of the Russian Academy of Science.

Vladimir Putin, who is on a working visit to the region, arrived at the reserve on a helicopter. There he met with scientists working on research and preservation of the Amur tiger – one of the rarest predators on the planet. There are only about 450 of the big cats in Russia.

The scientists showed Putin equipment that helps them monitor migration routes and control health of the endangered species.

Among the gadgets there were GPS- Argos satellite navigation collars, special traps for taking photos of animals and a gun that fires tranquiliser darts.

Then Putin was given the opportunity to travel to the taiga to see the trapped tigress.

‘Vesti’ TV channel journalists, who were waiting for the Prime Minister at the site, just five metres away from the animal, didn’t notice that the big cat had freed itself.

They could have been attacked, but Putin reacted quickly and used the dart gun to stop the animal.

Whilst the Amur tigress was sleeping, the premier put a GPS-collar on her neck and, together with scientists, measured her length from nose to tail tip.

Finally, Putin kissed her and said: ‘Goodbye!’

This is easily my favourite story all year

It's being carried extensively in Russian language news outlets
    He then leaped a tall building with a single bound
    Look! Up in the sky!
    It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Putin!

Politics.ie Newbie
    London (aka Lisbon Treaty/PD demise émigré)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[youtube:2b7fifrf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OFOPd6pgjI[/youtube:2b7fifrf]

It's no wonder they sing traditional Russian songs such as this one about him

My boyfriend is in trouble once again:
    Got in a fight, got drunk on something nasty
    I've had enough and I chased him away
    And now I want a man like Putin

One like Putin, full of strength
    One like Putin, who won't be a drunk
    One like Putin, who wouldn't hurt me
    One like Putin, who won't run away!

I've seen him on the news last night
    He was telling us that the world has come to crossroads
    With one like him, it's easy to be home and out
    And now I want a man like Putin

One like Putin, full of strength
    One like Putin, who won't be a drunk
    One like Putin, who wouldn't hurt me
    One like Putin, who won't run away!

"I thought that I had a duty to help those that weren't as lucky as me." -- John Hume

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm just glad that Batman - eh I mean Putin was there to save the day. Lets face it, if Dick Cheney was there it would have been a massacre
    Jeez, even their leaders do friendly fire.

Putin, what a boy. He loves his hard man image.
    "I'm not sure Northernness is geographical. It's philosophical." Stuart Maconie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast