Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Kennedy seeking to contest Dublin South by-election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default John Kennedy seeking to contest Dublin South by-election

I understand that John Kenndey is going to put his name forward to contest the Dublin South by-election for Fine Gael. John was on the YFG National Exec, and ran for one of the NUI Seanad seats last year.

Before the by-election came up I think John had been planning to go forward for the locals, not sure which ward he lives in though.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: John Kennedy seeking to contest Dublin South by-election

The dead American President to run for Fine Gael? He may be past his prime but surely his remaining vigor, drive and debating ability will upstage Enda Kenny.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flyer
    The dead American President to run for Fine Gael? He may be past his prime but surely his remaining vigor, drive and debating ability will upstage Enda Kenny.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck to JK but he hasn't a hope.

Think he lives in Stillorgan somewhere.

O'Leary will be the candidate

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jim O'Learys posters are still on the bins in Knocklyon supermarket from the last election did he know something that we didnt or was it more in hope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No harm in seeking the nomination, especially if someone gets it and wins the seat! there would be a co-option in the offing then.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THIS VIDEO makes exactly clear how I feel about this news. Watch it, please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYvszkRQ_vw

I am delighted to hear this news. John Kennedy is perhaps the brightest hope for the future in Fine Gael.

A young, telegenic candidate, an inspiring public speaker, a man with a ten year record of service to his country through his determined and visionary leadership of Dublin Young Fine Gael. Kennedy is without a doubt the candidate to win this seat for his party. He is a true Reaganite conservative, and in Fine Gael terms he is without doubt the man to lead the party into the election after next.

Although Kennedy has not yet actually won an election in which another candidate was running, (Having been constantly unopposed in YFG) that is merely testimony to the jealousy felt by many in YFG that Kennedy's immense talents are not their own.

This jealousy cost him his senate seat, it cost him the chance to run for the Dail in Dublin South the last time, when that awful Olivia Mitchell wouldn't stand aside in favour of the next generation, and it has cost him dearly in his attempts to win a nomination for the council. It also cost him when some nobody annihilated him for the Vice Presidency of Young Fine Gael, despite a nationwide campaign by KENNEDY's thousands of supporters.

When this fantastic specimen of human evolution gets his name on a ballot paper before an actual electorate, the Liberal establishment will tremble.

Through innumerable letters to the Irish Times, Kennedy has proven that he has what it takes to cut it at the highest level of political discourse. When he appears in the audience of Q&A, with his steely gaze fixed at the camera from under that made-for-government quiffe, I get off my seat in anticipation, as do thousands of fellow KENNEDY supporters nationwide.

A day is coming when the values of John McCain and John Kennedy will be the values by which Fine Gael governs this country. I fully expect that the Fine Gael national executive will move immediately to adopt Kennedy as the Fine Gael candidate, and dispense with selection procedures which may leave him open to shafting by his jealous colleagues.

During the Lisbon Treaty debate, if people had only listened to Kennedy, we would have won. Time and time again, in the letters pag of the Indo, the Times, and the Examiner, this great man showed us the way, but we ignored him.

Now, at the urging of his thousands of die hard supporters, John F.G. Kennedy has decided to allow his name to be placed in nomination for the election to fill a seat in our national parliament, - and not any seat, - the seat held for many years by the late, great Seamus Brennan, a man, despite it all, not fit to lace Kennedy's canvassin' boots.

I am officially endorsing John F.G. Kennedy for this race. I hope you'll all join me. Together, we can get behind one candidate, unite the party, and put KENNEDY in the Dail, where he belongs. And after that, he will have my support for his inevitable rise to the highest offices in the land.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok.........

could someone get a straight jacket for mcainiac?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not insane.

I SUPPORT KENNEDY!!

Why would anyone think that supporting our very own JFK would make you insane????

Kennedy for Senate didn'y quite make it because the stupid Liberal elite NUI panel wouldn't give victory to this country's greatest hope for incremental conservative change, but KENNEDY FOR DUBLIN SOUTH will be the beginning of a national tidal wave.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who says YFG don't do comedy!
    "Be advised, my passport's green / No glass of ours was ever raised / To toast the Queen." Seamus Heaney 1982

"I'm a bit of a green myself" Charles Haughey 1989

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast