Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration into Ireland

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Immigration into Ireland

what can be done, with the country in recession and with at least another 30,000-40,000 increase on the dole for august (my prediction), this is getting serious irish people are going on the dole left right and centre and yet we still have immigrants arriving in this country, 90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant, do you guys really think this is going to be tolerated much longer my the irish people, not one word from the goverment about immigration, well i can tell you this, irish people think this is the bigest issue facing this country now, yet silence from the media and goverment, unbeleivable.
    You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole, im hearing it already over the last few months people are getting fed up with these immigrants, if we dont debate these issues we are gonna have race riots on our hands within a year.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Immigration into Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by YukonTom
    90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant
    Link for that ludicrous statement?

You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole
    I have not seen queues of Irish "on the dole" eager to become bar tenders, toilet cleaners, fish processors etc. Have you?
    Gaelainn na Mumhan abú!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a link for that statement well check the cso which is where it states that 90 percent of all new jobs last year went to immigrants, god you really are in cloud cukoo land propably some left wing fool who doesnt see the impact immigration is having in this country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what can be done, with the country in recession and with at least another 30,000-40,000 increase on the dole for august (my prediction), this is getting serious irish people are going on the dole left right and centre and yet we still have immigrants arriving in this country, 90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant,
    Spurious Lump of Labour fallacy. There isn't a fixed amount of jobs out there. Immigration like all forms of population growth means that theres more work to be done.

do you guys really think this is going to be tolerated much longer my the irish people, not one word from the goverment about immigration, well i can tell you this, irish people think this is the bigest issue facing this country now, yet silence from the media and goverment, unbeleivable.
    You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole, im hearing it already over the last few months people are getting fed up with these immigrants, if we dont debate these issues we are gonna have race riots on our hands within a year.
    I study economics and my Economy of Ireland lecturer mentioned this actually. When the economy is on the up everyone is glad the immigrants are here, but when times are bad, they get the blame, and the issue of race/nationality inevitably arises. My lecturer may have been right - YukonTom being a prime example.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With all these thousands of builders out of work, how come the price of building a house isn't rock bottom?

surely they should all be desperate to do any job for a low price.

The government should be able to get all of the NDP projects done for half the price, right??

Red Revolutionary

if we dont debate these issues we are gonna have race riots on our hands within a year.
    A slight exageration maybe?
    What do you suggest we do to solve the unemployment in the country?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what can be done, with the country in recession and with at least another 30,000-40,000 increase on the dole for august (my prediction), this is getting serious irish people are going on the dole left right and centre and yet we still have immigrants arriving in this country, 90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant, do you guys really think this is going to be tolerated much longer my the irish people, not one word from the goverment about immigration, well i can tell you this, irish people think this is the bigest issue facing this country now, yet silence from the media and goverment, unbeleivable.
    90% of new jobs going to foreigners?first of all i think that statement is totally untrue,even if it was true,irish people have the same oppertunity to do an interview for the job so its up to them to be good enough at the job.foreigners are not chosen because they're foreign.as the poster above me said when the economy is fine the foreigners are a god send,the foundations on which our diverse successful country is built on.but when a so-called recession is taking place, people like you with little to no intelligence make pathetic excuses for it and lash out at an easy target.

irish people think this is the biggest issue??how do you know,you think its the biggest issue and last time i checked you weren't 'the irish people'.no-one i know ever talks about the foreigners in my town in a bad way.especially when it comes to work.i worked in a hotel last year and the czech's,polish etc were a pleasure to work with an in no way stopped irish people from getting a job there.in fact when the hotel was under-paying the staff it was them who organised the workers together to get fair working conditions and fair play to them for that.

race riots in a year? you are some clown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LTGuy
    90 percent of all new jobs are going to immigant
    Link for that ludicrous statement?

You will see a big increase in racism this year with more and more irish on the dole
    I have not seen queues of Irish "on the dole" eager to become bar tenders, toilet cleaners, fish processors etc. Have you?
    One guy on Mat Coopers show who owns a bakery said he put an add out for two new employees. He got , if I can remember, 125 replies. Not one from an Irish person. Cut the dole and make it obligatory to accpet the jobs you are offered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's suppose for a second we took the advice of the anti-immigrants. Stop immigration and start kicking out the ones who are here already. We can safely say that the overall level of demand in the economy would fall sharply causing more unemployment. House prices would fall further and foreign investment would dry up.

Soon, very soon, young Irish workers would be heading out of the country. We would be immigrants again in other countries. There is no such thing as a Goldilocks economy which will provide the exact number of jobs needed for people born in Ireland and no more than that. We will either grow and attract immigrants or we will decline and become immigrants. I have lived through both and I know what I like.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rsym what a total muppet you are totally living on another planet, the people i know dont talk about it you say lol dont make me laugh your most likely sum left wing idiot propably a college student. Yes i stand by my claims that there will be a race riot ithin a year, you only need to look at the papers to see a rise in attacks on immigrants, example in east wall in dublin where 3 families of immigrants would forced out by upto 40 people happened last month as reported on all the major papers. Anoter example in waterfoed where another family has had there car and house smashed in 0ver 8 times again made the papers and this is only the begining if we have a very deep recession.

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast