Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: US Plans To Attack Iran in June

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default US Plans To Attack Iran in June

I received an e-mail today from a very concerned British based anti-war group regarding the Bush administration's plans to bomb Iran in June 2005 probably followed up by a US-UK invasion and attempted overthrow of the Iranian government.

The source of this information is the respected former UNSCOM inspector and anti-Iraq war campaigner Scott Ritter, who says the US government has already signed off plans for the attack on Iran.

See link http://www.ufppc.org/content/view/2295/2/

How will this look for Tony Blair and the British Labour party in an election year ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The USA will be doing this one alone nobody is gonna beleive the boy who cried wolf when the USA says they are going after nukes.
    "Were not Fianna Fail" is not an alternative vision for Ireland, GIVE US SOME POLICIES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm willing to bet 50 that the USA won't bomb Iran in June 2005, if you want to take me up on it NJP, and 100 that they won't invade over the next 4 years

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Disturbing if true but surely they would be more likely to use Israel as the proxy?
    We can turn the world around
    We can turn the earth's revolution
    We have the power
    People have the power ...

Quote Originally Posted by pluralist
    Disturbing if true but surely they would be more likely to use Israel as the proxy?
    Airstrikes are definately a possibility but not before some quick UN SC resolution attempts/IAEA.
    Invasion not a chance.

I think your anti-war guy is struggling to be relevant in 2005

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody is expecting them to invade but they will bomb.
    "Were not Fianna Fail" is not an alternative vision for Ireland, GIVE US SOME POLICIES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by watch-this-drive
    Airstrikes are definately a possibility but not before some quick UN SC resolution attempts/IAEA.
    Invasion not a chance.

You seem quite relaxed about the possibility (of airstrikes)

If they are struck they will throw everything they can at Tel Aviv thus sparking a wider conflict probably.
    We can turn the world around
    We can turn the earth's revolution
    We have the power
    People have the power ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badinage
    I'm willing to bet 50 that the USA won't bomb Iran in June 2005, if you want to take me up on it NJP, and 100 that they won't invade over the next 4 years
    Can I join that bet as well. There is not a chance the U.S. will bomb or invade Iran in 2005. There still too busy in Iraq to bomb Iran.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Quote Originally Posted by watch-this-drive
    Invasion not a chance.

You seem quite relaxed about the possibility (of airstrikes)

If they are struck they will throw everything they can at Tel Aviv thus sparking a wider conflict probably.

Well, Im quite relaxed because there is nothing I can do about it one way or the other...
    it will be the last option not the first so it shouldnt happen - I agree Iran might have a go at Tel Aviv, but Israel definiately do have nukes so that might not happen either, I think they wont do it because the Iranian people would suppport the regieme more.

I think Germany (largest trade partner) and Russia (nuke tech supplier) have the power to put an end to their Nuke ambitions so the pressure will go from being on Iran to being on them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wwll if the do bomb Iran, the Iranian regime will have brought it on themselves and I shall shed no tears.
    MJ Coughlan,
    Waterford City.
    http://www.bebo.com/mjcoughlan23

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast