Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: White flight increases from London

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default White flight increases from London

    "Following the controversy started by the Bishop of Rochester, who said that some Muslim enclaves were "no-go areas" for Christians, it all seems to suggest a country that is becoming increasingly fragmented; a patchwork of rigidly delineated little pockets of race and religion, knots of unyielding humanity who just can't rub along with each other.
    Last year, nearly a quarter of a million decent, law-abiding citizens packed their bags and left the capital for good, seeking what they hope will be a better life elsewhere. They moved to outer boroughs, other city suburbs, rural areas, abroad, the back end of beyond, anywhere but here."

    This article details an appalling example of gang rape by five black thugs.It also discusses the phenomenon of White Flight.Yet the lunatic 'let them all in' brigade wants to bring "blessings of diversity" to Ireland.


    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main ... do1602.xml

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    12,331
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    Quote Originally Posted by martel
    "Following the controversy started by the Bishop of Rochester, who said that some Muslim enclaves were "no-go areas" for Christians, it all seems to suggest a country that is becoming increasingly fragmented; a patchwork of rigidly delineated little pockets of race and religion, knots of unyielding humanity who just can't rub along with each other.
    Last year, nearly a quarter of a million decent, law-abiding citizens packed their bags and left the capital for good, seeking what they hope will be a better life elsewhere. They moved to outer boroughs, other city suburbs, rural areas, abroad, the back end of beyond, anywhere but here."

    This article details an appalling example of gang rape by five black thugs.It also discusses the phenomenon of White Flight.Yet the lunatic 'let them all in' brigade wants to bring "blessings of diversity" to Ireland.


    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main ... do1602.xml
    Yeah. So much worse, say, than Jack the Ripper.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    I don't recall reading that in the aftermath of the Ripper atacks, 600,000 people leaving London in ten years.The knife crime epidemic is also ethnic dominated. Trevor Phillips, the chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, has pointed out that "white flight is accelerating" as Britain becomes increasingly polarised along ethnic lines.He also said that multiculturalism has failed.You can't attack him for being racist though because hes black.
    These scumbags poured drain cleaning fluid on her to destroy evidence before these cowards gangraped her. No chance of condemnation by the bleeding hearts on this site however. The gangrapists were no doubt the victims of racism.How do you debate someone who is mentally sick and is emblematic of the Left's moral bankrupcy? Comparing London's decline into epidemic levels of violence to a lunatic a hundred years ago is patently absurd.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... e-in'.html
    Heres a link for the White Flight.

  4. #4

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    Ssshhh!!! London is "multi-cultural". It isn't segregated at all. It is a model to us all.
    Economic Left/Right: -3.13; Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.64
    University politics are so vicious, precisely because the stakes are so small.” Henry Kissinger

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    We've reached a particular low point when the day has come that Telegraph journalists feel the need to complain about life in London. I mean, Telegraph journalists, complaining! Things must be bad.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member seabhac siulach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    I do not believe it is helpful to connect the issue of 'white flight' with a gang rape. Rapes take place no matter what the circumstances and no matter what the colour of the victim or perpetrator. The article seems like a crude attempt to stoke old fears of a lustful 'black' danger to white wimmin.

    However, if we are discussing the issue of 'white flight', we need only look at the North Inner city of Dublin to see the same effect taking place here. In our case, we can perhaps refer to it as 'Irish flight'. Sections of the North Inner city now have a majority foreign-born population and some schools have classes composed solely of the children of immigrants. We can only wonder what standard of English (never mind Irish) these children can hope to attain in such an environment or what sense of Irishness they can possibly obtain. IF we are discussing fragmentation of society due to immigration, then we do not need to go to London to find source material...

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhac siulach
    then we do not need to go to London to find source material...
    No, but if you do go to London you will find areas such as Cricklewood and Kilburn and plenty more where Irish immigrants congregated because they could afford to and because there were many advantages to settling in areas with large numbers of compatriots. It's not exactly an unknown phenomenon and I'd struggle to see why it would be considered unwelcome.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Workstation 2075
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilW
    Quote Originally Posted by seabhac siulach
    then we do not need to go to London to find source material...
    No, but if you do go to London you will find areas such as Cricklewood and Kilburn and plenty more where Irish immigrants congregated because they could afford to and because there were many advantages to settling in areas with large numbers of compatriots. It's not exactly an unknown phenomenon and I'd struggle to see why it would be considered unwelcome.
    cus ghettoisation is not to be encouraged. thought it was quite simple.
    Not being able to govern events, I govern myself. -Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwe
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilW
    Quote Originally Posted by seabhac siulach
    then we do not need to go to London to find source material...
    No, but if you do go to London you will find areas such as Cricklewood and Kilburn and plenty more where Irish immigrants congregated because they could afford to and because there were many advantages to settling in areas with large numbers of compatriots. It's not exactly an unknown phenomenon and I'd struggle to see why it would be considered unwelcome.
    cus ghettoisation is not to be encouraged. thought it was quite simple.
    Why?

    And who is encouraging it anyway? I would have thought that experience has shown us it is a natural phenomenon that occurs without any encouragement.

  10. #10

    Default Re: White flight increases from London

    Quote Originally Posted by martel
    The knife crime epidemic is also ethnic dominated.
    Your bog standard Torygraph readers must really lap this stuff up. The 'knife epidemic' is 'ethnic dominated'?!? What the hell does that mean. It's dominated by an 'ethnic', or by 'ethnics'? Jesus, I know concision is preferable, but you don't have to ditch all pretences to clarity. Just come on out and say it, the 'knife crime epidemic' is due to non-whites. And remember you need only state this, you no doubt haven't researched it yet, but you just know they're behind it - why - because they ain't white. But perhaps you'll read this and plug a few key words into Google and maybe find some other dodgy half-arsed dirge from the Torygraph that 'proves' your contention (and it's intended racist implications). But then again, maybe you'll put to one side your own prejudices in the interests of clarity this time, and research the social and economic demographics of violence. Perhaps, just perhaps, violence is more prevalent among poorer, more disadvantaged communities. And perhaps the failure of successive governments to avoid ghettoisation and to actually attempt real integration has produced the predictable conditions now seen. France provided a precedent for bad planning, but cheap labour is after all just cheap labour, no need in thinking long term.

    Anyway, back to the subject at hand, your 'knife epidemic' claim.

    6 July 2006
    Knife crime is the latest media-hyped panic. The UK press have reported an "epidemic" of stabbings. The crime figures show something different: no rise in knife killings in the last decade. In 1995 there were 243 murders with sharp instruments; last year there were 236. Over the last decade the average weekly number of knife murders has been four and a half. In the midst of the current panic, there have been no more than four knife murders a week.

    Politicians/media didn't reassure the public with these facts. Instead we had the usual hysteria-fest, with political parties competing to be "toughest" on crime. In fact, overall crime continues to steadily decrease, down 43% since 1995 (according to the authoritative British Crime Survey), and is falling in Europe.

    Tony Blair recently held a crime seminar in Downing Street. According to reports from dismayed criminologists who attended (as relayed by the Guardian columnist, Polly Toynbee), Blair "seemed to mix together low-level antisocial behaviour with serious crime, terror and other international crime into a single pot of alarm". (Guardian, 9/6/06) http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,3295 ... 90,00.html

    http://www.mediahell.org/blog.htm
    and more...

    The following BBC Online headlines cover the official crime figures (published quarterly) between 2004 and 2007:

    "Violent crime figures rise by 12%" (22/7/04)
    "Gun crime figures show fresh rise" (21/10/04)
    "'Violent crime increases by 6%'" (25/1/05)
    "Violent crime 'rise' sparks row" (21/4/05)
    "Violent offences top million mark" (21/7/05)
    "Violent crime shows 6% increase" (20/10/05)
    "Violent crime and robbery on rise" (26/1/06)
    "Robberies up 6% but crime stable" (27/4/06)
    "Phones and MP3s fuel robbery rise" (20/7/06)
    "Robbery continues on upward trend" (19/10/06)
    "Risk of suffering crime 'rises'" (25/1/07)

    Distorted impressions

    Among other things, these headlines give the impression that violent crime has been consistently rising (according to the official figures). In fact, the official figures indicate that violent crime has fallen or remained stable since 1995, and has not significantly risen in the last three years. Recent "rises" in recorded violent crime are to a large extent due to the continued effect of changes in recording practices. The quarterly Home Office Statistical Bulletins (which contain the official crime figures – a combination of police records and the British Crime Survey) make this clear. Furthermore, the Association of Chief Police Officers was reported (by BBC's Panorama, 17/4/05) as acknowledging that, allowing for the changes to recording practices in recent years, violence had not risen.

    http://www.mediahell.org/pressrelease240407.htm

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •