Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The disappearance of Sen. John Edwards....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The disappearance of Sen. John Edwards....

Something that has been on my mind lately, and has come up in nerdy pub conversation, has been the sudden disappearance of St. John Edwards from the current political speculation in the US, and the sudden absence of his name from all articles and Network discussions on possible VP picks and/or Cabinet appointments.

From being a ubiquitous feature in such columns over, firstly, who he would support (Clinton or Obama), and secondly over his potential VP/AG credentials, he has virtually disappeared from view and from that of all the pundits, following Clinton's withdrawal from the race.

Then, this morning I came across this article, which gives ample, credible and pretty shocking reasons why he has disappeared from view, and why the issue in question has been buried so suddenly by all sides.

I am reluctant to quote it for legal reasons (although I think it unlikely that Edwards would sue this website), but the article was posted up on RealClearPolitics.com this morning - hardly a smear/rumour website, and in fact one of the most credited non-partisan US political sites.

If Saint John has such a dark secret, then how long will it be before Barack Obama - the greatest thing since Christ himself - comes crashing down as well?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: The disappearance of Sen. John Edwards....

The National Enquirer broke the story a week ago but the mainstream media have chosen not to publish it, given that Mrs Edwards is dying of cancer. It was unusual to see the US tabloids show such restraint. It is perhaps better to leave the story for now, given what the Edwards family is going through with Mrs Edwards' cancer. The story will still be there, if true, in a few months time. With his wife so ill, now is not the time to discuss this story, especially as he is not a candidate for anything anymore, and is not seriously in the running for the VEEP spot for this very reason.

BTW your attempt to smear Obama by association is beneath contempt. There are no grounds for suggesting that Obama has behaved the way Edwards allegedly behaved. Your attempt to suggest someone is guilty until proven innocent is contemptible.
    (Guys, when I type in capitals it isn't shouting. I have technical problems which makes using italics difficult. Please don't take offence if you see capitals used!)

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Imagine if he had been given the VP nomination before this had come out. Suddenly the delay of both camps on this matter seems a very wise decision. Maybe this is an argument for the 2 camps to choose an ugly VP, in order that the risks of something like this are smaller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Imagine if he'd won the nomination. He would have destroyed the Democrats.

If Saint John has such a dark secret, then how long will it be before Barack Obama - the greatest thing since Christ himself - comes crashing down as well?
    That makes no sense.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat
    Imagine if he'd won the nomination. He would have destroyed the Democrats

Sigh! What might have been....

This Edwards thing though, is a scandal of earthquake proportions. It puts all other previous personal "scandals" - Lewinsky, the handsy Congressman, the "gay" Senator - all in the shade

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That makes no sense.
    My point is, if someone as saintly and squeaky clean as John Edwards (who was, in many ways, Barack Obama Mark 1) can have such a grubby secret, then Barack Obama - a guy with a closet bursting with skeletons - may not be far behind

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotDevsSon
    The National Enquirer broke the story a week ago but the mainstream media have chosen not to publish it, given that Mrs Edwards is dying of cancer. It was unusual to see the US tabloids show such restraint. It is perhaps better to leave the story for now, given what the Edwards family is going through with Mrs Edwards' cancer. The story will still be there, if true, in a few months time. With his wife so ill, now is not the time to discuss this story, especially as he is not a candidate for anything anymore, and is not seriously in the running for the VEEP spot for this very reason.

BTW your attempt to smear Obama by association is beneath contempt. There are no grounds for suggesting that Obama has behaved the way Edwards allegedly behaved. Your attempt to suggest someone is guilty until proven innocent is contemptible.
    And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, even if Obama bombs with some scandal, that's Edwards sunk as the lifeboat.

I put 10 on Mc Cain at 12-1 and 10 on Edwards at 25-1 (at the time Obama was a nobody on silly odds...)

Regrettably , I still think McCain will win.

I used to like Edwards, but a PBS interview recently, turned me. Creepy, very creepy. I agree that it should be left alone out of respect for his wife though.
    You have disgraced yourselves again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mccafferty cat

That makes no sense.
    My point is, if someone as saintly and squeaky clean as John Edwards (who was, in many ways, Barack Obama Mark 1) can have such a grubby secret, then Barack Obama - a guy with a closet bursting with skeletons - may not be far behind
    Edwards having a grubby secret has no effect on the likelihood of Obama having one. He either does or he does not. Do you think only a scandal can stop him? You must not think much of McCain.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg
    And that's the head of the FG youth wing NDS...
    Is this your answer to everything? And what is it with some people's obsession with the guy?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast