Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dublin Pyjamas Culture

Default Dublin Pyjamas Culture

Picture on page 4 of today's Irish Times.
    The young girls watching the Garda forensic team at murder scene appear to be wearing pyjamas.
    Whatever about the suitability of this early morning or late night activity for children as deemed by their parents, what is this whole Dublin pyjamas business all about?
    Is there a clothing shortage?
    Do they sleep outside?
    I thought this was confimned to the lovely girls sitting outside their residences on the approaches to Croke Park on match days, but clearly I have a lot to learn.
    Information on the origins of this unique fashion affectation and its contribution to an understanding the Dub psyche would be aappreciated.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Dublin Pyjamas Culture

Quote Originally Posted by greatweecountry
    The young girls watching the Garda forensic team at murder scene appear to be wearing pyjamas.
    Whatever about the suitability of this early morning or late night activity for children as deemed by their parents, what is this whole Dublin pyjamas business all about?
    Do they sleep outside?
    I thought this was confimned to the lovely girls sitting outside their residences on the approaches to Croke Park on match days, but clearly I have a lot to learn.
    Information on the origins of this unique fashion affectation and its contribution to an understanding the Dub psyche would be aappreciated.
    Yeh that's what I immediately thought of when I saw three little girls watching forensic pathologists investigate the scene of a shooting outside their home...the simply AWFUL pyjama culture in Dublin!
    I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. - George Bush

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pyjama's rule! adds a kind of Laziness feel to the Rat Race that is Dublin.more please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do they sleep outside?

It is a disease which is spread, like all bad things, from our wee country.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle1901953.ece

in fact google "pyjama belfast" and see the hits
    "You Popish rogue" 'ní leomhaid a labhairt sinn
    acht "Cromwellian dog" is focal faire againn
    nó "cia súd thall" go eann gan eagla
    "Mise Tadhg" géadh teinn an t-agallamh

Bodaigh an Cháise táid go hatuireach
    ag filleadh ar a gcéird gach spéice smeartha aca
    gan ghunna, gan chloidheamh gan pinnse chleachtadar
    d'imthigh a mbrígh is tá an cridhe dá ghreada aca.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I notice it all the time around North Inner City Dublin and it looks absolutely terrible. Why don't these people just put on some clothes? Women walking buggies in the afternoon in a pair of pajamas for goodness sake.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyQueing
    Do they sleep outside?

It is a disease which is spread, like all bad things, from our wee country.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle1901953.ece

in fact google "pyjama belfast" and see the hits
    Mr Livingstone said that he first identified All Day Pyjama Syndrome (ADPS) in 2003. He knows a student at the Belfast Institute for Further and Higher Education who is writing a dissertation on the subject.

The women are colloquially known as “pyjama mamas” or “Millies”. Their pyjama ensembles are often complemented by large, gold hoop earrings known as “budgies” – because such cage birds could swing from them. They also sport “scrunchies” to create the “Turf Lodge facelift”, in which the hair is scraped so tightly to the back of the head that it pulls the facial skin taut.
    The Turf Lodge face lift .. I like that ...

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Mr McGuinness told the Andsersonstown News: “There used to be about 15 to 20 pyjama-wearing parents, but there are anything up to 50 now, and they are all women. People don’t go to see a solicitor, bank manager or doctor dressed in pyjamas, so why do they think it’s OK to drop their children off at school dressed like that? It’s about respect and setting children a bad example

what a complete and utter pratt! ....

yeah those same people are the type you would see meeting with a bank manager,and solicitor..
    battery feckin hens is what people like this moron want....

Im behind the pyjama mammy's...they should form an anti establishment grouping, revolt and teach all morons like Mcguinness above...that they'll wear what they want and when they want!

Politics.ie Newbie
    London (aka Lisbon Treaty/PD demise émigré)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might write a PhD on this someday, it's fascinating. They are often the same young women who eat crap and look worse for wear because of it, but still wear the most revealing possible clothing on nights out.

Much like inaccurate use of language indicates confused mental processes, wearing pyjamas outdoors is a '2 fingers' to civilised society indicating pride at not needing to dress for working in an office 'like all dem bleedin pontzes'
    "I thought that I had a duty to help those that weren't as lucky as me." -- John Hume

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's absolutely right. This sort of carry on is a scourge on our society.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfás
    I notice it all the time around North Inner City Dublin and it looks absolutely terrible. Why don't these people just put on some clothes? Women walking buggies in the afternoon in a pair of pajamas for goodness sake.
    The amount of idiots in suits around the IFSC,make this city look like a battery hen haven.....go away and take your caffine somewhere else.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast