Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Media coverage of Tibet is now almost nil. Is this because of fear of offending China on purely commercial grounds ? I would find it hard to believe that all went suddenly quiet there.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Thac0man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kildare/Dublin
    Posts
    6,475
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff
    Media coverage of Tibet is now almost nil. Is this because of fear of offending China on purely commercial grounds ? I would find it hard to believe that all went suddenly quiet there.
    Yes, plus the media likes winners. And China is a winner.
    g4 ... e5
    f3 ... Qh4#

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thac0man
    Quote Originally Posted by scruff
    Media coverage of Tibet is now almost nil. Is this because of fear of offending China on purely commercial grounds ? I would find it hard to believe that all went suddenly quiet there.
    Yes, plus the media likes winners. And China is a winner.
    No you have it areseways there scruff....

    The only reason we get to hear about Tibet is to annoy China... the only reason we get to hear about Myanmar is to annoy China... and the only reason we get to hear about Zimbabwe is to annoy China...

    Have Zim and Myanmar "been sorted"? I think not and yet no word on them. Why???

    Because currently the Olympics present an even better opportunity to annoy China... and so we have lots of reports about pollution and evil doings in the run up to Beijing '08.

    Simple. Get with the program. In fact the BBC reports are particularly good in this regard....

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Thac0man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kildare/Dublin
    Posts
    6,475
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Quote Originally Posted by HP
    Because currently the Olympics present an even better opportunity to annoy China... and so we have lots of reports about pollution and evil doings in the run up to Beijing '08.
    If that were true would there not be a bigger outcry over the pre-Olympic security crack down? Ten Muslim Ughir activists in North West China were rounded up and shot at the begining of the month. Buggered if I can find even a link to it on the web. China is putting bodies in the ground to smooth the path of the Olympic flame and it does not even warrent comment or recording, yet polution in Beijing does?
    g4 ... e5
    f3 ... Qh4#

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Didn't know about those killings either. I still think that, far from hoping that the Olympics will embarrass China, the need to keep them sweet because of the huge market potential is why there is almost a blackout on Tibet. Are there any fearless news sources with updates on the situation there ?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    here
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thac0man
    Quote Originally Posted by HP
    Because currently the Olympics present an even better opportunity to annoy China... and so we have lots of reports about pollution and evil doings in the run up to Beijing '08.
    If that were true would there not be a bigger outcry over the pre-Olympic security crack down? Ten Muslim Ughir activists in North West China were rounded up and shot at the begining of the month. Buggered if I can find even a link to it on the web. China is putting bodies in the ground to smooth the path of the Olympic flame and it does not even warrent comment or recording, yet polution in Beijing does?
    If you cannot find a link then what is your source?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Twin Towers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?


  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Thac0man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kildare/Dublin
    Posts
    6,475
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Quote Originally Posted by HP
    If you cannot find a link then what is your source?
    TV. Its a box that recieves audio visual signals, invented in 1925. But I digress.

    My initial information was differant from this report that says 10 were given life sentances, two were immediatly executed and three given suspended death sentances. Source here:

    http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2008/07/12/52953.html

    Now as I have said, it is a little funny that not only does the western media not mention this much (if at all as I have said) but much Arabic news sources do not bother covering it. While we are at it we might consider how this ongoing abuse in Xingjang has evaded the attention of some of our most vocal opponents of places like Gitmo. People being selective? If so, there are few indeed who can throw stones at Western media and business interests as regards Beijings Olympics.
    g4 ... e5
    f3 ... Qh4#

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    Yes....there is major ass-kissing going on at the moment because business think that China will be a huge market for them. What they fail to realize is that anything that a Western company can provided will be copied/stolen at the first available opportunity and ther will be ************************ all that the company can do about it.
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Darren Mac an Phríora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baile Átha Cliath
    Posts
    2,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Tibet : conspiracy of silence ?

    What the Chinese government is doing in Tibet is frankly evil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •