Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healy-rae complaint sent to commission

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Healy-rae complaint sent to commission

its about time some one stood up to the raes. everyone fears them.cronin was right in what he did. from reading the papers danny was wrong and used his power for his owen benefit. we need more councillors like brendan cronin. the raes have been getting away with years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Healy-rae complaint sent to commission

Context and details please.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog
    its about time some one stood up to the raes. everyone fears them.cronin was right in what he did. from reading the papers danny was wrong and used his power for his owen benefit. we need more councillors like brendan cronin. the raes have been getting away with years.

I sent my own complaint in. It read as follows:

"JASIS JACKIE! Retire?! Sure you can't be doin' that! Don't go, Jackie, don't go"

And I included some pictures of myself covered in corse cut marmalade.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster

I sent my own complaint in. It read as follows:

"JASIS JACKIE! Retire?! Sure you can't be doin' that! Don't go, Jackie, don't go"

And I included some pictures of myself covered in coarse cut marmalade.

And a nice Kerry jumper?
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kf
    Context and details please.
    quote from paper " danny had an illegal quarry while he was deputy mayor and while michael was mayor. he had no planning for it and dug more than 3 meters in dept, while the dept for agricultural use is less than 1 meter. then danny chaired a council meeting while enforcement notices were served on himself and he was discussing how to prosecute to other 14 illegal quarries in kerry.it is blatent that he used his position as deputy mayor to get himself off of a prosecution and also be able to do what he wants. cronin claims that he breached ethics so he sent it to the same commission that investigated patrick o donoghue who is now going before a jury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you have a thing for the Healy-Raes?
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankSpeaks
    I am giving my point of view, which i am entitled to. I don't know whether you personally know the raes or just if you see them let our county down on a national level but they are fools. Does that clarify your problem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whoa, whoa whoa! Bulldog!
    You're clearly on to something here but you have to step back a bit and tell us what this was all about.

Imagine for a moment you are talking to people who never heard of Kerry or the Healy Raes. People who need to be told everything in simple words and short sentences.
    But people who don't believe what you say unless you give references, preferably with links.

So tell your story from the start will you?
    This will be worth your while, because belive me, if people on here get a sniff of a theiving politician, they will go after it like bloodhounds.
    If there is a future, it will be Green.

http://www.kerryman.ie/frontpage/danny- ... 17548.html

Excerpt:
    (The Kerryman
    Wednesday June 18 2008)

The public officials and politicians watchdog, The Standards in Public Office Commission, has received complaints about Cllr Healy Rae and Director of Planning, Michael McMahon.

The complaints centre on a claim that Danny Healy Rae chaired a council meeting that discussed illegal quarrying when he himself was the subject of an enforcement order from Kerry County Council.

It is also claimed that Mr McMahon misled councillors by deliberately failing to include Danny Healy Rae on a list of people who were the subject of enforcement proceedings for illegal quarrying and excavation.

The complaints were made to the commission by Cllr Brendan Cronin. The commission confirmed this week that it was considering the complaint and will make a decision on whether there are grounds for an official investigation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankSpeaks
    I am giving my point of view, which i am entitled to. I don't know whether you personally know the raes or just if you see them let our county down on a national level but they are fools. Does that clarify your problem!
    I don't have a problem with you and I don't know or support the Rae's, however I did notice that you are a new member and one of the first things you did was is start a negative thread about the Rae's and hence I wondered if you had a problem with them.

Regarding the Rae's policies some are sensible, some are done for vote catching, some give the appearance of feathering their own nest, but the vast majority are of parish pump, nimby and stupid variety.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast