Follow @PoliticsIE

View Poll Results: Was Harney wrong not to appear on The Late Late?

Voters
32. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes

25 78.13%
  • No

7 21.88%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was Harney wrong not to appear on The Late Late?

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Was Harney wrong not to appear on The Late Late?

Was Harney wrong not to appear on The Late Late?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm still not sure of the issue she was running from, but she shouldn't be running - no matter what it is.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes she was wrong....

no matter what plank had in store its time to face off the critics....

this is not just about government...hard things must be said...

for example...one story was about a bucket of vomit with muold on it being found in apatients wardrobe?....thats hardly harneys fault?.....sack the nurse on that ward immediately..........

forget about degrees for nurses also..........bring back student nurses....cleaning and scrubbing up from day one....indoctrinate cleaniness...just like the nuns did previously.......give me one benefit of degree educated nurses? it was a unecessary nonsensicle change...........

ward orderlies are by nature less aware and sometimes 'passing thru'

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mary Mary, quite contrary,

does your popularity grow,

The healths service's a mess,

with problems you refuse to address,

then you run from the Late Late Show

Any FF backbencher with a whit of sense, will go right over the ball on this one, studs up, two feet, and deliver a career ending challenge to Harney. What can she do about it. Walk out of government because she's too scared to face an audience on Pat Kenny. If they lay into her here, it'll stick to her like the heamophilliac scandal did to Noonan, and finish the PD's off next election.

Have they got the sense or the guts ?

Wait and see
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    I'm still not sure of the issue she was running from, but she shouldn't be running - no matter what it is.
    It appears she pulled out of doing the Late Late because they where going to invite ex-patients onto the show.

And I bet these patients aren't too happy with the minister.
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even had she gone on, she had tried to extract a guarantee of 'limited' audience participation - presumably that's coward code for no tough questions from the ordinary folks in the cheap seats.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any politician, particularly a minister, has a duty to face the public and answer questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily
    Any politician, particularly a minister, has a duty to face the public and answer questions!
    Not really. Ministers have an obligation to answer questions in the Dáil, put to them by elected representatives of the public. There's absolutely no obligation or duty to appear on The Late Late Show, any more than there is to appear on The Den.
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe not an obligation in the true sense of the word. But I would certainly feel more comfortable if the person running my countries health service felt confident enough to answer questions on it! It doesnt inspire much confidence in her!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily
    Not really. Ministers have an obligation to answer questions in the Dáil, put to them by elected representatives of the public. There's absolutely no obligation or duty to appear on The Late Late Show, any more than there is to appear on The Den.
    Surely Smiffy you agree, that a Minster has a moral duty to answer the concerns of the electorate, no matter if she is on the Den or the Late Late.
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast