Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SEPERATED FATHERS

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SEPERATED FATHERS

Why do they only get to see their kids for much more limited periods of time than the mother even though they have to contribute maintenance---why is the system so unfair
    The crown above the red hand is that of the O'Neill rulers of Ulster---not the Saxe-coborg gotha usurpers crown

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the last bastions of discrimination. One of the greatest legal injustices in the modern world. I don't know the answer to your "Why" question. I have yet to meet a seperated father getting sole custody, and receiving maintenance from the mother.
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Society has a vested interest is fostering the mother child link. Fathers will suffer but it is ineviable when relationships break down. Nietzsche explained that the enigma of women was easily resolved by motherhood and that of men by realisation that they play with fire. Involvement with this visceral female urge is like playing with fire. sometimes one gets burned.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogwarrior
    One of the last bastions of discrimination. One of the greatest legal injustices in the modern world. I don't know the answer to your "Why" question. I have yet to meet a seperated father getting sole custody, and receiving maintenance from the mother.

mate of mine is a single father and the mother pay's mantinance, but it wasn't a battle to get it, she did't want to play happy families, so there was no battle, if she did ,accept the result would be different.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a Fathers for Justice type organisation in Ireland?
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

I have sole custody of my daughter, took me along time to get it though, as for maintainance, I didn't want anything from her mother.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by padraig
    I have sole custody of my daughter, took me along time to get it though, as for maintainance, I didn't want anything from her mother.
    Presumably she didn't argue the case padraig.

Quote Originally Posted by commentator
    Quote Originally Posted by padraig
    Presumably she didn't argue the case padraig.
    Paying maintainance would give her certain rights, I don't need her money nor do I need her interference.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you sure the payment of maintance guarantees certain rights Padraig? My father has to pay up until I'm 21 years old (full time education and all that lark) and I have absolutely no contact with him whatsoever.
    "You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time" - Peter Tosh of The Wailers

Quote Originally Posted by commentator
    Nietzsche explained
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast