Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Is Electionsireland.org reliable ?

  1. #1

    Default Is Electionsireland.org reliable ?

    Because of the recent defection of Cllr. Leonard Hatrick to Labour I went to electionsireland.org to have a look at what how strong a Councillor he is. Accourding to Electionsireland he wasn't even elected in 2004!

    http://www.electionsireland.org/counts. ... L&cons=277

    Has anyone else seen such inaccuracies on the site before?
    "We believe in constitutional action in normal times; we believe in revolutionary action in exceptional times."

    James Connolly,

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Is Electionsireland.org reliable ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMurphyperson
    Because of the recent defection of Cllr. Leonard Hatrick to Labour I went to electionsireland.org to have a look at what how strong a Councillor he is. Accourding to Electionsireland he wasn't even elected in 2004!

    http://www.electionsireland.org/counts. ... L&cons=277

    Has anyone else seen such inaccuracies on the site before?
    No it's a decent guide, but there are loads of inaccuracies. One inaccuracies I recently came across was that according to it Sean MacBride was elected a TD for Clann na Tamlann in a by-election in 1947 rather then Clann na Polbachta.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    co-opted?
    The future saviour of the Irish Economy: Charles Darwin

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Is Electionsireland.org reliable ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMurphyperson
    Because of the recent defection of Cllr. Leonard Hatrick to Labour I went to electionsireland.org to have a look at what how strong a Councillor he is. Accourding to Electionsireland he wasn't even elected in 2004!

    http://www.electionsireland.org/counts. ... L&cons=277

    Has anyone else seen such inaccuracies on the site before?
    if you find an error drop them an email

  5. #5

    Default

    I have always found them to be very accurate. But yeh, email them if you see a mistake. I mailed them last year and it was updated fairly quickly.
    Redacted.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Is Electionsireland.org reliable ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMurphyperson
    Because of the recent defection of Cllr. Leonard Hatrick to Labour I went to electionsireland.org to have a look at what how strong a Councillor he is. Accourding to Electionsireland he wasn't even elected in 2004!

    http://www.electionsireland.org/counts. ... L&cons=277

    Has anyone else seen such inaccuracies on the site before?
    It has him elected to Ardee town council but not elected to Louth CC.

    He must be only a Town Cllr

    http://www.electionsireland.org/result. ... T&cons=641

    I disagree that there are "loads of inaccuracies". It's generally excellent.
    Liquidate labour, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HanleyS
    co-opted?
    there was no other PD elected to the council in 2004, so how would he be a co-option?
    "We believe in constitutional action in normal times; we believe in revolutionary action in exceptional times."

    James Connolly,

  8. #8

    Default Re: Is Electionsireland.org reliable ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Defeated Romanticist
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMurphyperson
    Because of the recent defection of Cllr. Leonard Hatrick to Labour I went to electionsireland.org to have a look at what how strong a Councillor he is. Accourding to Electionsireland he wasn't even elected in 2004!

    http://www.electionsireland.org/counts. ... L&cons=277

    Has anyone else seen such inaccuracies on the site before?
    It has him elected to Ardee town council but not elected to Louth CC.

    He must be only a Town Cllr

    http://www.electionsireland.org/result. ... T&cons=641

    I disagree that there are "loads of inaccuracies". It's generally excellent.
    ahh, that's it, pheww my source of political statistics are safe (necessary for all hacks!)t
    "We believe in constitutional action in normal times; we believe in revolutionary action in exceptional times."

    James Connolly,

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMurphyperson
    Quote Originally Posted by HanleyS
    co-opted?
    there was no other PD elected to the council in 2004, so how would he be a co-option?
    Just a suggestion!
    The future saviour of the Irish Economy: Charles Darwin

  10. #10

    Default

    I've found it to be quite accurate overall, but with obvious mistakes and omission here and there. But they're very obliging about correcting things if you point it out to them by email.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •