Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brother of FF TD trashes Government

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Brother of FF TD trashes Government

Cllr. Michael Moloney - brother of Laois/Offaly FF TD John Moloney - speaking on Matt Cooper earlier, went on to trash Government policy in all areas - particularly in the area of Transport, Infrastructure and sheer waste of money.

He claimed that the Government had reneged on various promises, and was running the country "more like a business than a community".

He also said that FF was in serious trouble electorally and organisationally. As evidence, he cited the abysmal performance of FF in the bye-elections.
    He also claimed that no young people were joining FF - and as evidence of this he pointed to the re-emergence of the youthful and energetic Mary O' Rourke (70 at the next election) - whose constituency office was opened by Bertie himself last week.

I was struck by the vehemence of his criticisms of both FF and the Government.
    Is this feeling now common within FF ?
    "The IRA Army Council have a history of telling the truth. If they say they didn't do it, then I believe them" - Bertie Ahern, speaking after the murder of Det. Garda Jerry McCabe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is no doubt IMM that the Government is running the State
    more like a business than a community!

Irish people are forgotten about in a blind rush to increase the profits of already wealthy Irish Capitalists.

The pursuit of profit regardless of Social, Political or Ethnic consequences can only lead to Trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    The pursuit of profit regardless of Social, Political or Ethnic consequences can only lead to Trouble.
    Every single thread, eh Catalpa?
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems to me it's a fine example of Fianna Fáil being able to steal the opposition's clothes and successfully ride two horses.
    Fact of the matter is whether its Fianna Fáil speaking out of two sides of their mouth or simply Cllrs unhappy with government policy - I doubt Bertie will loose too much sleep over a Co Cllr expressing popular sentiment, indeed its being said some FF Cllrs provide better opposition to the government than the present Dáil opposition.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I think so..the word I suppose is sadness, 2005 the economy is good, people are better off than ever before but unfortunately there seems to be a lot of disquiet.

Fianna Fail, is in serious trouble after Bertie goes , I believe and this is reflected in the councillors comments.

It is really saddening to see Bertie and co ruin our great party. The cumann structure is in ruins ( no matter what tripe tk whiskers might reply with).

The cumann are not attracting any new members because the td's want to maintain the status quo..so td's in their 50's are controlling the votes, discouraging new blood(remember mary lou) and effectively gerrymandering the votes.

Indeed I would go so far as to say that the party might never regain its ground again, because of berties shortsighted attitude, vision would be a wrong word to say.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have talked to a couple of local OFFs and what seems to be endemic in the party is a completely complacent attitude to things on the ground and nationally, not helped of course by the lack of new blood into the local cumann. And it would seem that Bertie and Co have managed to stifle any sort of debate within the party like a modern day Der Fuhrer (without the obvious Nazi connotations..).
    Ireland interests are best secured within a more dynamic EU. Vote YES to Lisbon.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Many Fianna Fáil members - Cllrs included will be shedding few tears if Fianna Fáil fail to get back into government in 2007. The party structure, as you said drjimryan is a shambles in many areas and FF is a paper tiger that is no longer strong or any way effective as the national movement it once was. Many constituencies are under review at the moment - this need to be extended to all constituencies. And the party really needs some time out of government to take stock - now when party members say that you know something is radically wrong.
    One of the worst possible scenarios would be for Fianna Fáil to get back into government after a walloping in the election and remain stale and fatigued...Bertie would stay on and again stifle any talent that might present itself. This would herald the terminal decline of Fianna Fáil.
    We need to do what Fine Gael have done in the past year and "electrify" the Fianna Fáil grassroots and shake up the party structure (and let the political corpses lie where they may)

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what seems to be endemic in the party is a completely complacent attitude to things on the ground and nationally
    There is a feeling of disconnectedness among many in the party. And the worst thing is, many simply have given up the battle and don't care about winning the next election

And it would seem that Bertie and Co have managed to stifle any sort of debate within the party
    To give Bertie some credit, he reunited the parliamentary party when few others had the skills to do it after the divisive leaderships of Haughey and Reynolds

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He also claimed that no young people were joining FF
    Once upon a time, if you weren't too worried about morals and had no scruples, and you wanted to make big money, the best route was through FFailure - viz: Liam Lawlor, CJH, Ray Burke, Albert Reynolds, etc.

Today there are many more ways for such people to line their pockets, so FFailure has lost much of it's original purpose.

Many Fianna Fáil members - Cllrs included will be shedding few tears if Fianna Fáil fail to get back into government in 2007.
    I, for one, will be giving serious consideration to voting FF in the next GE as we will be heading into a recession and it is imperative, if this country is ever going to get it's act together, that FF be the ones who have to ride it out.

If they are allowed sit on the ditch during the bad times (again), while blaming some other Government (again) for the FF chickens coming home to roost, we will never be able to get their thieving hands away from our taxes.

For decades they've been robbing us blind, roll-on payback time!
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." Mark Twain

“When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.” Napoléon Bonaparte

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Brother of FF TD trashes Government

Quote Originally Posted by BarryW
    Cllr. Michael Moloney - brother of Laois/Offaly FF TD John Moloney - speaking on Matt Cooper earlier, went on to trash Government policy in all areas - particularly in the area of Transport, Infrastructure and sheer waste of money.

He claimed that the Government had reneged on various promises, and was running the country "more like a business than a community".

He also said that FF was in serious trouble electorally and organisationally. As evidence, he cited the abysmal performance of FF in the bye-elections.
    He also claimed that no young people were joining FF - and as evidence of this he pointed to the re-emergence of the youthful and energetic Mary O' Rourke (70 at the next election) - whose constituency office was opened by Bertie himself last week.

I was struck by the vehemence of his criticisms of both FF and the Government.
    Is this feeling now common within FF ?
    Not that new. Cllr. JJ Power who stood for the Greens in the recent Kildare by-election is brother of a FF TD. Something tells me doesn't like the government much.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast