Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Coming up to Backstop "Crunch-Time" Krauts Break Ranks

Duh.. self-praise, no praise, right?

Theresa May tells MPs to 'hold our nerve' over Brexit deal | Euronews

Seems like Theresa has been thinking along the same lines as myself. Obviously she must be reading P.ie

Many comentators and MPs have begun suggesting/accusing her of deliberate delay tactics so that at the last moment before a crash-out on March 29th it will be "MY Way or the HighWay". She's smarter than one would think.
    But of late she has been suggesting that she might need more time to negotiate...
    Hoping for a further wavering in our ranks?
    Them Brits ain't as dumb as they look. I'm tellin' ya.
    Someone should make a movie about this place.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Coming up to Backstop "Crunch-Time" Krauts Break Ranks
    Coming to a discussion board near you:

Bigoted clown uses idiotic negative pejorative to denigrate fellow human beings for the purpose of making a nonsensical point.

Quote Originally Posted by raetsel View Post
    Coming to a discussion board near you:

Bigoted clown uses idiotic negative pejorative to denigrate fellow human beings for the purpose of making a nonsensical point.
    I can see that you are a high-minded sensitive chap. But what's coming down the tracks at us will be something of the order of the 1921 treaty. Take the time to look at the Sun or Daily Telegraph. The Tory back benchers with their constant references to Nazis Europeans are no shrinking violets.
    I think it would be very foolish to assume that Theresa May is the picture of the nice old lady she likes to present... Dancing Queen and such aside. It seems like she has been playing one big long delaying tactic/strategy... and it's not clear as to why.
    Someone should make a movie about this place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yosef shompeter View Post
    I can see that you are a high-minded sensitive chap. But what's coming down the tracks at us will be something of the order of the 1921 treaty. Take the time to look at the Sun or Daily Telegraph. The Tory back benchers with their constant references to Nazis Europeans are no shrinking violets.
    I think it would be very foolish to assume that Theresa May is the picture of the nice old lady she likes to present... Dancing Queen and such aside. It seems like she has been playing one big long delaying tactic/strategy... and it's not clear as to why.

In a nutshell Theresa May, head of "government" in the UK is a "leader" whose policy towards Ireland,Brexit, her unholy alliance with the craicpot bigots of the DUP is putting the lives and livelyhoods of the people she is supposed to represent.....end of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yosef shompeter View Post
    I can see that you are a high-minded sensitive chap. But what's coming down the tracks at us will be something of the order of the 1921 treaty.
    Big difference. This time we have the world's largest trading bloc in our corner.

We are all born mad. Some remain so.

Dublin-Male-Hetero-ABFF but worried about FGLab
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There can be little doubt that paranoia is not in short supply here:
    Leo & rep of Ireland who are playing a "chit or bust" came to maintain/salvage as much of the UK market and benefits as they can. But a hard no deal brexit will mean a hard border for Ireland.
    Theresa May, who wants 1) to avoid a split in the Conservative party, 2) prevent or delay Scotland from splitting off from the UK to join with the EU and 3)to achieve a good deal on Brexit
    Arlene and the DUP who want to preserve their pre-eminence in NI and maintain the link with UK.

But what I find curious is that if we assume that the demographics point towards an emerging Catholic Majority in the North in the next few years.
    So theoretically then, a border going down the Irish sea should not be such a big thing to Theresa May and the Conservatives.
    They say that things are running a bit feverish in Westminister.
    "Well, OK. Fine. As long as it comes with a steady paycheck, I'd believe whatever they wanted me to believe, as the Guy in Ghostbusters said."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post
    We?
    An Oirish edition of an English newspaper has a scoop - that the German Chancellor "suggested a “creative” solution to the deadlock can be found."

That's it?

Man the lifeboats.. Irexeters and Brexiteers first..
    Absolutely. If Brexit has taught us anything, it’s that Pie’s Europhobes have misunderstood the EU as much as, if not more than they did during their Great Eurozone Debacle.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112