Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Where to put a geological disposal facility (Nuclear Dump)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    I remember back in the late 80s people became aware in North London of a number of cargo trains running through Kentish Town and Camden at weird hours in the middle of the night.

Some curious citizens got on to their local MP and after some checking it transpired that they were running nuclear waste through the centre of London on the local London rail network.

It was halted all of a sudden when public knowledge of it began to gather pace. Hard to believe some of the lunatic stuff that goes on without oversight.

I could hardly believe it being very conscious of the concerns around Sellafield and the controversy over that plant's release of waste water into the Irish sea, and some interesting leukaemia clusters along the eastern coastline in Ireland.

Turned on the television one night not long after taking up a job in London only to find Sellafield being advertised as a tourist attraction and a great day out for the family on ITV.

Jawdropping stuff.

An Irish politician highlighted similar stuff years ago when he produced photos of newly born four headed calves and the high cancer diagnosis amongst his constituents on that very coast sir.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    An Irish politician highlighted similar stuff years ago when he produced photos of newly born four headed calves and the high cancer diagnosis amongst his constituents on that very coast sir.
    No I think that was a family gathering.
    Ecclesia oportet destrui

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    No I think that was a family gathering.

Some family gathering

McGrady concerned over revelations in report

There are many more links to all of this, you should check them out pal.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456