Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 158

Thread: Taoiseach visits our lads in the EU Army, somewhere in Africa

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    It's the Times. Not a tabloid. I know it's hard for you being a thicko socialist to accept but the Russians are not the good guys.
    Clearly you don't understand this concept called "figure of speech". I noticed you latched onto that and avoided everything else btw.

    I never said Russia were good, merely that they are preferable to the billion dollar American war machine.

  2. #92
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruman View Post
    "3rd world services for 1st world services", the HSE motto. They should put up posters
    Ireland placed pretty high in the new global healthcare system ranking | JOE is the voice of Irish people at home and abroad

  3. #93
    Politics.ie Member Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dublin/London
    Posts
    10,602
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Connollyist a/c no.2 View Post
    Clearly you don't understand this concept called "figure of speech". I noticed you latched onto that and avoided everything else btw.

    I never said Russia were good, merely that they are preferable to the billion dollar American war machine.
    3 Russian journalists working for a publication owned by Kremlin critic Mikhail Khodorkovsky murdered in the Central African Republic. They were investigating the presence of Russian mercenaries there. Their driver may have been part of a set up.


    Questions have been raised about the team's driver, who escaped the attack in circumstances that are yet to be fully explained.
    Anastasia Gorshkova told the BBC that, in the days before the attack, ICC editors in Moscow had raised concerns about the man after it emerged the group had been stopped by the police close to their hotel and forced to pay a bribe.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45030087

    https://www.ft.com/content/7e55b796-...2-5946bae86e6d
    Is not this the great Babylon that I have built.....

  4. #94
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Unfortunately there is little transparency in the Entire Foreign Aid budget. We are borrowing money to send to countries run by ruling kleptocracies while at the same time they are purchasing weapons, real estate overseas and generally wallowing in richness, meanwhile the Povo, the peasants the ordinary people wallow in poverty.
    NGOs such as Goal, Concern, Trocaire , A to Z, ACTED to ZOA claim they work in eradicating poverty but instead just maintain the status quo.
    As regards DF deployment to Mali well if it gives the DF some practical experience good and if we can wangle some commercial benefit from it even better but lets not do it because we are supposed to be doing good. As for Irish deployments with the UN well these mission with one or two exceptions are a total a F Up and publicity stunt. THE UN is dysfunctional as an organization is inefficient, ineffective and generally mediocre and corrupt.
    So save 600 m = borrowing a year and reduce Irish Aid. Instead invest it in housing in Ireland for Irish people.
    LEO does not give a stuff about the DF , he has no respect for them and this is very obvious with many of the TDs, Ministers etc Leo is just looking for the next UN job, Why the F is Ireland looking for a seat on the Un security council we cannot even secure Dublin Airport from Illegal migration , our seas from exploitation by others and even police our airspace ….

  5. #95
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    My money should not be spent on Africa , it’s their problem if they all get off on killing each other , let them at it.

  6. #96
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I assume that gays are allowed in our army as we don’t fight any wars , Leo is prob having a great time.

  7. #97
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toughbutfair View Post
    I assume that gays are allowed in our army as we don’t fight any wars , Leo is prob having a great time.
    Back to reality next week though, the trip to the horn of africa over for himself and keogh.Lack of housing, health system, education cuts and all the other stuff, known unknowns and the deadly unknowns unknowns.

  8. #98
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    That is comparing to developing countries including the likes of Somalia and Afghanistan. Given our spending level it is only worthwhile comparing to developed countries. According to the Euro Health Consumer Index in 2017 we are ranked 24th out of 34 in europe behind the likes of Macedonia and Serbia.

    Are salaries of medical professionals 24th out of 34th ? What are consultants paid in Macedonia !!

    https://healthpowerhouse.com/media/E...017-report.pdf

  9. #99
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruman View Post
    That is comparing to developing countries including the likes of Somalia and Afghanistan. Given our spending level it is only worthwhile comparing to developed countries. According to the Euro Health Consumer Index in 2017 we are ranked 24th out of 34 in europe behind the likes of Macedonia and Serbia.

    Are salaries of medical professionals 24th out of 34th ? What are consultants paid in Macedonia !!

    https://healthpowerhouse.com/media/E...017-report.pdf
    The masses think that we should be spending more , although they use the word “invest” because they are thick. The masses are fools and support a Taoiseach boasting about how much we spend on health and how much more we will.

  10. #100
    Politics.ie Member bormotello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    3 Russian journalists working for a publication owned by Kremlin critic Mikhail Khodorkovsky murdered in the Central African Republic. They were investigating the presence of Russian mercenaries there. Their driver may have been part of a set up.




    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45030087

    https://www.ft.com/content/7e55b796-...2-5946bae86e6d
    LOL
    Money what Khodorkovsky gave them, have been stolen in his Moscow office, so journalists couldn't afford buy security guards
    It was funny when it was discoverd and chief of Moscow office for Khodorkovsky "party" had to resign as result of it
    Kremlin critic pulls plug on media outlet after slaying of TV crew | Reuters

    MI-6 and Insitute of Statecraft underestimeted level of corruption within Rissian liberals
    Last edited by bormotello; 12th January 2019 at 03:20 PM.
    “Every country has the government it deserves.”
    Joseph De Maistre

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •