Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you twerk?

Quote Originally Posted by ruman View Post
    That's a subjective view , what's important is cold hard cash and mens soccer attracts lorryloads of the stuff. Womens doesnt.
    That's nothing to do with "the patriarchy" or some conspiracy just more people watch it. If you have an attractive product of service people will pay for it. End of.
    Well, ok. 1994 had Hristo Stoichkov and a v good Bulgarian team!

No, it's not the patriarchy. Women's soccer is uber shyte.
    "Never regret anything you have done with sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    Well, ok. 1994 had Hristo Stoichkov and a v good Bulgarian team!

No, it's not the patriarchy. Women's soccer is uber shyte.
    Glad you said it, my little ballet dancing virtue signaller will respond shortly no doubt !
    Maradona 86 at least. I thought the last one was pretty decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ireniall View Post
    It's nothing to do with it. Here is Margaret Thatcher responding to a similar piece of nonsense.

Margaret Thatcher dont wanna jump - YouTube
    Stuck up silly old cow, she was a grocers daughter who took on all the affectations of the Queen. If a man/woman headbutts another person it is an assault, there should be no difference in the eyes of the law as regards sex.
    Last edited by truthisfree; 7th December 2018 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Billions watch the mens game, most people couldnt care less about womens .

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia‚„Ę - News - Almost half the world tuned in at home to watch 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa‚„Ę - FIFA.com

That's the reality, you have a few "right on" types trying to dispute this despite all evidence to the contrary of course !!!
    The fact that more people watch the men's game does not making this example of patronising stupidity acceptable in the 21st century - as defences go that is a spectacularly stupid one.

And women's football, at least in the UK, is increasing steadily in popularity - attendance for the women's FA cup final this year was over 45,000. An increase of 10,000 & 15,000 on the two preceding years respectively.

I imagine though you're still quite angry women are even allowed out of the kitchen, let alone allowed to play football - it's probably political correctness gone mad or something.
    I am in line for a smiting probably sooner than I expect. Apparently.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    I know this is going to destroy your world, but women are playing Rugby too.

I know right - what on Earth is the world coming to

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ireniall View Post
    I am the poster to whom you responded and yes I did suggest that she should have stuck the head in the jackass which you have obviously interpreted in an incredibly literal fashion. I would have thought that it was obvious that this was not meant literally but merely to say that the offence was at the level where it nearly warranted such a response and in saying that I am exaggerating for effect too. I mean I think the dozy clown should be bate with a hurl up and down Champs Elysees but no please ffs I don't want any one to actually do it. Do you find that most people have very short conversations with you?
    Here's a quite common phrase in politics, although I sense you may not be familiar with it -
    When you're explaining, you're losing.*

*see quoted post for example

You're welcome.
    Last edited by SayItAintSo; 7th December 2018 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    The fact that more people watch the men's game does not making this example of patronising stupidity acceptable in the 21st century - as defences go that is a spectacularly stupid one.

And women's football, at least in the UK, is increasing steadily in popularity - attendance for the women's FA cup final this year was over 45,000. An increase of 10,000 & 15,000 on the two preceding years respectively.

I imagine though you're still quite angry women are even allowed out of the kitchen, let alone allowed to play football - it's probably political correctness gone mad or something.
    The only people interested in women's football are friends/family members of the players and people desperately trying to be woke. The standard of football is pitiful. It's good that women play football, but let's not pretend that it is entertaining.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Murtinho View Post
    The only people interested in women's football are friends/family members of the players and people desperately trying to be woke. The standard of football is pitiful. It's good that women play football, but let's not pretend that it is entertaining.
    If two side are roughly equal then a competitive game at any level can be entertaining .

Watching a Premier league team beating the crap out of some minnow is not very entertaining either .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Murtinho View Post
    The only people interested in women's football are friends/family members of the players
    Yes, yes those two teams had over 45000 family members and friends. That would definitely explain it and is not a cretinous rationalization whatsoever.

You clearly know nothing about Football.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Cant believe p.ie stopped allowing you and your little friend to engage in mutual liking.

The comment was silly but it has drawn attention to an event that you and your little friend would never have heard of had he not made the comment. A significant number of people now know that there is a Baloon D'or for women then did previously.

Why dont you and your little friend go to a few womens football games, take a few pics and share it on social media to show off your right on credentials ! Put some heading about "the patriarchy " on it. Good lad.
    I doubt the French DJ lad had the promotion of the female game in mind when he made his comments.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast