Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 115

Thread: Sinn Fein selling the Antifa Badge - I thought this Party had renounced violence?

  1. #51
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,701
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    no surprise from Sinn Fein/ira

  2. #52
    Politics.ie Member Gin Soaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Antifa are Fascist!

    So its no surprise really....
    As are SF by many perspectives...

  3. #53
    Politics.ie Member Gin Soaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
    An organisation that opposes freedom of speech and freedom of association, that assaults people because of their views is the enemy of those who want to develop a mass socialist and popular-democratic movement in Ireland. It is the enemy of everything that SF has stood for since the Good Friday Agreement.

    As a Sinn Féin voter, I hope that this is an oversight and that the rest of those badges are put in the bin.
    The link in the OP does not work now. So maybe it has been discontinued and some chap in HQ is now doing the dishes.. (I just wanted to see if it would look good with the 80 year old ill fitting azure blouse and beret I dust off once a year for the trip to citywest...)

  4. #54
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,712
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    The link in the OP does not work now. So maybe it has been discontinued and some chap in HQ is now doing the dishes.. (I just wanted to see if it would look good with the 80 year old ill fitting azure blouse and beret I dust off once a year for the trip to citywest...)
    Indeed - try this link Badges - Page 5 - Sinn Féin Bookshop

    It's Gone!


    Who says nobody reads what we say here?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  5. #55
    Politics.ie Member Gin Soaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    4,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Indeed - try this link Badges - Page 5 - Sinn Féin Bookshop

    It's Gone!


    Who says nobody reads what we say here?
    We feel so relevant.... (between outages...)

  6. #56
    Politics.ie Member ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    746
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Bohs supporters love their Antifa...
    Markets - using magazines with bullet points for targets.

  7. #57
    Politics.ie Member RasherHash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,906
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Sinn Fein selling the Antifa Badge - I thought this Party had renounced violence?

    I could not believe this when I came across it but apparently the SF Party still supports those who use violence against their political opponents.

    ANTIFA -Anti Fascist Action badge
    €4.99

    As an organisation, AFA is made up of socialists, anarchists, communists, republicans, and community activists and so contains many differing views about the times we are living in and where these will lead us.

    ANTIFA -Anti Fascist Action badge - Sinn Féin Bookshop


    Mind you they still have 164 of them sitting on the shelf so it doesn't look like a best seller!
    The notion of "renouncing violence" is an interesting one; we all "renouncing violence"...until we need it, to defend ourselves, to defend our country, to defend our families.

    Of Course in reality the SF/IRA never "renounced violence", there's nothing in the GFA that says that and it would have been massively rejected by the republican community if it had been in it because it's a big brit lie, it's like Himmler said, that the Jews believe that if you tell a lie tell a big one.

    The reality is the brits were responsible for 80% of the violence and some pro-brit voices would have it that Adams and co were brit agents, so in that case the brits were responsible for 100% of the violence.

    The gas thing is out of the main parties SF are the most anti-EU there, between them and pbp (who are semi-anti-EU...as it were ).

    Otoh I accept that Soros cash is making an impact on the anti-EU left voice, which is a shame.
    "CNN is a fake news bureau". Galloway.
    "The Democrats gave up on the working class 40 years ago." Noam Chomsky.

  8. #58
    Politics.ie Member RasherHash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    23,906
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Indeed - try this link Badges - Page 5 - Sinn Féin Bookshop

    It's Gone!

    Who says nobody reads what we say here?
    Glad to see that, it shouldn't have been there, it's not SF philosophy, it's pbp/anarchistic type philosophy (who as we know are being funded by Soros).
    "CNN is a fake news bureau". Galloway.
    "The Democrats gave up on the working class 40 years ago." Noam Chomsky.

  9. #59
    Politics.ie Member Mickeymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    The notion of "renouncing violence" is an interesting one; we all "renouncing violence"...until we need it, to defend ourselves, to defend our country, to defend our families.

    Of Course in reality the SF/IRA never "renounced violence", there's nothing in the GFA that says that and it would have been massively rejected by the republican community if it had been in it because it's a big brit lie, it's like Himmler said, that the Jews believe that if you tell a lie tell a big one.

    The reality is the brits were responsible for 80% of the violence and some pro-brit voices would have it that Adams and co were brit agents, so in that case the brits were responsible for 100% of the violence.

    The gas thing is out of the main parties SF are the most anti-EU there, between them and pbp (who are semi-anti-EU...as it were ).

    Otoh I accept that Soros cash is making an impact on the anti-EU left voice, which is a shame.


    10/10 Rash, SF appear to be one of the very few political parties who publicly commit to the peace process these days.

  10. #60
    Politics.ie Member Se0samh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,165
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antóin Mac Comháin View Post
    That's fair enough, but don't complain when that violence is doled out to you in equal measure.
    Sorry, but I don't get the logic of this post, someone attacks you, you defend yourself, but you can't complain if you are attacked again, because you defended yourself initially?
    Me pinguem et nitidum bene curata cute vises, cum ridere voles Epicuri de grege porcum.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE For when just isn't enough.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •