Please note that next Thursday 6th December there will be a Silent Protest at Dáil Éireann against Ireland signing the Global Compact on Migration in Marrakesh, Morocco on 10/11 of December.
Irexit Freedom wish to announce a silent peaceful protest outside Dail Eireann, Leinster House, Kildare St, Dublin 2, on Thursday December 6th at 6.30 pm.
It is about the #UNMigrationPact .The lack of consultation and erosion of sovereignty that accompanies it. All are welcome.
This Compact is against our National Interest
- and in effect paves the way for uncontrollable waves of Migration into First World countries.
As might be expected our Media are practically silent on the issue and any politician [if any!] have gone into hiding on the subject.
Objectives for safe, orderly and regular migration [SIC]
1. Collect and utilize accurate and disaggregated data as a basis for evidence-based policies
2. Minimize the adverse drivers and structural factors that compel people to leave their country of origin
3. Provide accurate and timely information at all stages of migration
4. Ensure that all migrants have proof of legal identity and adequate documentation
5. Enhance availability and flexibility of pathways for regular migration
6. Facilitate fair and ethical recruitment and safeguard conditions that ensure decent work
7. Address and reduce vulnerabilities in migration
8. Save lives and establish coordinated international efforts
9. Strengthen the transnational response to smuggling of migrants
10. Prevent, combat and eradicate trafficking in persons in the context of international migration
11. Manage borders in an integrated, secure and coordinated manner
12. Strengthen certainty and predictability in migration procedures for appropriate screening, assessment and referral
13. Use migration detention only as a measure of last resort and work towards alternatives
14. Enhance consular protection, assistance and cooperation throughout the migration cycle
15. Provide access to basic services for migrants
16. Empower migrants and societies to realize full inclusion and social cohesion
17. Eliminate all forms of discrimination and promote evidence-based public discourse to shape perceptions of migration
18. Invest in skills development and facilitate mutual recognition of skills, qualifications and competences
19. Create conditions for migrants and diasporas to fully contribute to sustainable development in all countries
20. Promote faster, safer and cheaper transfer of remittances and foster financial inclusion of migrants
21. Cooperate in facilitating safe and dignified return and readmission, as well as sustainable reintegration
22. Establish mechanisms for the portability of social security entitlements and earned benefits
23. Strengthen international cooperation and global partnerships for safe, orderly and regular migration
A/CONF.231/3 - E
We will also have to report the United Nations on a regular basis on the 'progress' we are making on implementing its terms.
We have to stop this.