Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 825

Thread: Is France Falling Apart Thread?

  1. #341
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    It looks like the Left is not the answer . When are they going to realise their is no support for Cheap / Slave Labour Mass Immigration ? What is it going to take for the Penny to drop .
    There is no simple answer to deep-rooted economic and social problems. It takes years of reform, partially through passing new laws and partially through social parternship to remake a society adapted to face the challenges of the 21st century.

    The gilets jaunes (like every such movement) seek easy answers to highly complex problems ("tax the rich!", "stop tax evasion!", "raise the minimum wage immediately!" and then we'll be able to solve our problems).

    Each one of those propositions examined on its own might or might not make sense but people like Mélenchon, Le Pen and other traffickers in rank populism lie to their electorates by claiming that

    i) all the country's problems are someone else's fault (e.g. the "rich", immigrants, capitalism...) and
    ii) if they're in power, they'll be able to make things right in short order.

    Juppé, Macron and a few others were the only ones who were honest enough to tell the electorate that serious, systemtic reforms had to be made, and it would take time and toil. One shouldn't be under any illusion, if violent protests were to bring down Macron's presidency or result in his becoming a lame duck, the next stop is chaos in the form of the FN or la France insoumise.
    Last edited by Glaucon; 7th December 2018 at 02:47 PM.

  2. #342
    Politics.ie Member Surkov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    I heartily agree. The French people are responsible for this mess by electing a Goldman Sachs globalist poster boy. Melenchon for president!
    Melenchon & Le Pen could well be the two finalists for the next Pres. election. What would the final vote be I wonder?

    Plus look at Italy -the genuine left and genuine right firmly united. Could the same happen in France?

  3. #343
    Politics.ie Member Surkov's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,957
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    There is no simple answer to deep-rooted economic and social problems. It takes years of reform, partially through passing new laws and partially through social parternship to remake a society adapted to face the challenges of the 21st century.

    The gilets jaunes (like every such movement) seek easy answers to highly complex problems ("tax the rich!", "stop tax evasion!", "raise the minimum wage immediately!" and then we'll be able to solve our problems).

    Each one of those propositions examined on its own might or might not make sense but people like Mélenchon, Le Pen and other traffickers in rank populism lie to their electorates by claiming that

    i) all the country's problems are someone else's fault (e.g. the "rich", immigrants, capitalism...) and
    ii) if they're in power, they'll be able to make things right in short order.

    Juppé, Macron and a few others were the only ones who were honest enough to tell the electorate that serious, systemtic reforms had to be made, and it would take time and toil. One shouldn't be under any illusion, if violent protests were to bring down Macron's presidency or result is his becoming a lame duck, the next stop is chaos in the form of the FN or la France insoumise.
    "honest" lol.

    + Toil for who?

    + Regarding chaos. Macron has brought chaos, pressure and worry onto the shoulders of ordinary, very hard-working folk and their families. But of course you believe in making lame excuses versus the-buck-stops-here. Just admit it.

  4. #344
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,794
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Its quite obvious that after at least 20 years of Mass immigration that it is time to put a stop to all but high skilled and needed ( jobs that indigenous people cannot do ) immigration .

    The Indigenous populations of countries that have had Mass immigration have had enough .

    Politicians and Main stream media have stood up and told people that Mass immigration has had ‘ NO “ thats “ NO “ affect on Wages , Housing , Provision of Services . They cannot admit that it is having some affect because then they would be asked how much ?

    What the Politicians mean of Course is that it is having Little or No Affect on the People that Count and if it is having bad affects on you that you don’t count anyway .

    The question is how have they gotten away with the Lie for so long ., You cannot fool all of the people all of the Time .

    Until Mass immigration is brought to an end the Indigenous Populations of countries will not rest easy and these politicians are playing with dangerous Fire .

  5. #345
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18,655
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Its quite obvious that after at least 20 years of Mass immigration that it is time to put a stop to all but high skilled and needed ( jobs that indigenous people cannot do ) immigration .

    The Indigenous populations of countries that have had Mass immigration have had enough .

    Politicians and Main stream media have stood up and told people that Mass immigration has had ‘ NO “ thats “ NO “ affect on Wages , Housing , Provision of Services . They cannot admit that it is having some affect because then they would be asked how much ?

    What the Politicians mean of Course is that it is having Little or No Affect on the People that Count and if it is having bad affects on you that you don’t count anyway .

    The question is how have they gotten away with the Lie for so long ., You cannot fool all of the people all of the Time .

    Until Mass immigration is brought to an end the Indigenous Populations of countries will not rest easy and these politicians are playing with dangerous Fire .
    The right way is to help the countries thay are coming from to provide a good standard of living for them. Migration hurst the donor country as well.
    Last edited by valamhic; 7th December 2018 at 03:26 PM.

  6. #346
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    18,655
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    There is no simple answer to deep-rooted economic and social problems. It takes years of reform, partially through passing new laws and partially through social parternship to remake a society adapted to face the challenges of the 21st century.

    The gilets jaunes (like every such movement) seek easy answers to highly complex problems ("tax the rich!", "stop tax evasion!", "raise the minimum wage immediately!" and then we'll be able to solve our problems).

    Each one of those propositions examined on its own might or might not make sense but people like Mélenchon, Le Pen and other traffickers in rank populism lie to their electorates by claiming that

    i) all the country's problems are someone else's fault (e.g. the "rich", immigrants, capitalism...) and
    ii) if they're in power, they'll be able to make things right in short order.

    Juppé, Macron and a few others were the only ones who were honest enough to tell the electorate that serious, systemtic reforms had to be made, and it would take time and toil. One shouldn't be under any illusion, if violent protests were to bring down Macron's presidency or result is his becoming a lame duck, the next stop is chaos in the form of the FN or la France insoumise.
    There is one simple answer which might have prevented the riots and over which this protest began BALONIAL FOCKING SCOURY MASS HISTERICAL CLIM|TE CHANGE LIES spoouted by minoroity partners in coalision government setting targets. That can be stopped right now and its wind farm with it.

    Another one is to change EU policy while there still is an EU. Allow member states control its borders. No rocket science there. There is pnly one time when complexity prevents public decision making, that is when the media censor the debate.

  7. #347
    Politics.ie Member A Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    We live in strange times.
    Many conservatives see working-class people rioting in France and immediately sympathise with them.
    Many liberals defend the leader who imposed a regressive tax.
    I don't see much support for the gilets on the liberal left in Ireland.

    It could be that Irish liberals see the gilets protesting against centralised, high tax government, and that is exactly what they want to bring about.

    Macron was the liberals' darling - vehemently pro-EU, condemning nationalism in front of Donald Trump.

    Ordinary French people are more nationalistic, more Eurosceptic, less accepting of immigration than their betters in the French government.

    And Ireland's corrupt liberal media are ignoring this story and praying it goes away before the plebs catch the disease.

  8. #348
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,794
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Voice View Post
    We live in strange times.
    Many conservatives see working-class people rioting in France and immediately sympathise with them.
    Many liberals defend the leader who imposed a regressive tax.
    I don't see much support for the gilets on the liberal left in Ireland.

    It could be that Irish liberals see the gilets protesting against centralised, high tax government, and that is exactly what they want to bring about.

    Macron was the liberals' darling - vehemently pro-EU, condemning nationalism in front of Donald Trump.

    Ordinary French people are more nationalistic, more Eurosceptic, less accepting of immigration than their betters in the French government.

    And Ireland's corrupt liberal media are ignoring this story and praying it goes away before the plebs catch the disease.
    Good Post .

  9. #349
    Politics.ie Member owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW of Dublin - Co. Meath
    Posts
    43,696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surkov View Post
    "honest" lol.

    + Toil for who?

    + Regarding chaos. Macron has brought chaos, pressure and worry onto the shoulders of ordinary, very hard-working folk and their families. But of course you believe in making lame excuses versus the-buck-stops-here. Just admit it.
    Those "ordinary, very-hard working" folk include blacks and Muslims, you know, the ones you want to throw out of Europe.

    Nice to see the Troll Farm has started up again. Got time off from milking the goats, then?
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

  10. #350
    Politics.ie Member owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW of Dublin - Co. Meath
    Posts
    43,696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Voice View Post
    We live in strange times.
    Many conservatives see working-class people rioting in France and immediately sympathise with them.
    Many liberals defend the leader who imposed a regressive tax.
    I don't see much support for the gilets on the liberal left in Ireland.

    It could be that Irish liberals see the gilets protesting against centralised, high tax government, and that is exactly what they want to bring about.

    Macron was the liberals' darling - vehemently pro-EU, condemning nationalism in front of Donald Trump.

    Ordinary French people are more nationalistic, more Eurosceptic, less accepting of immigration than their betters in the French government.

    And Ireland's corrupt liberal media are ignoring this story and praying it goes away before the plebs catch the disease.
    I agree the gilets jaunes are ordinary people, but not the ones rioting, attacking the police and looting shops. That I oppose, and I am sure you do too. Those are probably fascist or communist provocateurs.

    From my own observations, these people are protesting austerity policies (not immigration), which are always negative for working people. A similar reaction happened in the UK, though not violently.

    Paradoxically, I agree with Macron's objectives, which are to revive the French economy. I am not against moderate measures to do that. But he will have to think again about the means he chose.

    Macron is the democratically elected President of France, and his violent overthrow would not be in the interests of the country.
    "A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence" - David Hume

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •