Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 195 of 213 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2122

Thread: Rape - how important is your underwear

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Like a susceptible 17 year old girl walking home along encountering a 27 year old man with many previous convictions.
    Do you disagree with the Jury verdict, then ? Why don't you say it ?
    Yes, agree she obviously was/is vulnerable/susceptible/possibly incapable of either giving or withdrawing consent. Until she met up with her family, later on.
    Walking home alone, after a night out (with drink?) at night at 2am in the morning and linking up with a 27 yr old (who was renowned as a drunk) - did she know him?
    Did he physically 'drag' her up to the muddy patch?
    If so, why didn't the Jury convict him as a rapist?
    And, why are you deliberately being misleading/untruthful in implying this man had previous convictions for sexual matters? in the article i read, the man's 'previous convictions' were for drunken behaviour - not sexual assault.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Do you think they emerged with their reputations intact?

As regards the woman, she did not have her answer nomity protectec at all. There was a programme on RTE on this about two weeks ago in light of the trial of the man who named her on social media. There isn’t a person in Belfast who doesn’t know her name. Now and during the trial.
    The allegation is that the Complainant knew darn well the other girls at the party would tell others she was in "a threesome with Paddy". After all, they were chatting and questioning PJ, about it, next morning.
    As you seem to 'know' so much about Belfast rumours....if some 'rumours' are true, she is from a highly 'connected' and prosperous family....no doubt, as any powerful family, they are keen on family reputation, whether by suppression of truth or not.
    Interestingly: You don't seem too concerned about the 'bullying' and intimidation of the Female Chief witness; or of the Jury Forewoman, who was threatened by the law for 6 months, before it was dropped, which is A typical legalistic bullying 'trick'.
    Interestingly, the West Belfast social media man was fined just £300 (out of a potential fine possibility of £5k), which implies his transgression was minor. You've got to wonder what that means?

Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wise-up View Post
    Yes, agree she obviously was/is vulnerable/susceptible/possibly incapable of either giving or withdrawing consent. Until she met up with her family, later on.
    Walking home alone, after a night out (with drink?) at night at 2am in the morning and linking up with a 27 yr old (who was renowned as a drunk) - did she know him?
    And, why are you deliberately being misleading/untruthful in implying this man had previous convictions for sexual matters? in the article i read, the man's 'previous convictions' were for drunken behaviour - not sexual assault.
    Quarter of adults think marital sex without consent is not rape, UK survey finds | Society | The Guardian
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

97% think domestic violence against women is unacceptable..and prosecuting this, which is very difficult, is more where legal emphasis and effort should go, rather than on headline-seductive adolescent drunken disputes on consent.
    https://ec.europa.eu/ireland/news/21...t-go-leor-i_en
    Last edited by Wise-up; 7th December 2018 at 03:26 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

97% think domestic violence against women is unacceptable..and prosecuting this, which is very difficult, is more where legal emphasis should be, rather than on headline-crude adolescent drunken disputes on consent.
    https://ec.europa.eu/ireland/news/21...t-go-leor-i_en
    So domestic violence by women against men is acceptable, is that your case?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    So domestic violence by women against men is acceptable, is that your case?
    no. what an odd conclusion. But, it's worth noting domestic violence against women very often prefaces/signifies violence outside the home too. As with many, of the many US shooters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The poster asked you a number of direct questions which you dodged by replying with an irrelevant link.

Of course sex without consent is rape, however the link you present specifically relates to “marital” rape and the couple in this case were neither married or in in a relationship as far as we know.

There’s also some weasel words used in that article where it starts off with:

A survey commissioned by the End Violence Against Women coalition found that a third of people in the UK think it isn’t usually rape if a woman is pressured into having sex but there is no physical violence.”

Now being “pressured” into having sex where the person remains free to consent or not to consent is not rape. Pressure could simply amount to someone saying: I’ll get up and make the breakfast after a ride.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pabilito View Post
    The poster asked you a number of direct questions which you dodged by replying with an irrelevant link.

Of course sex without consent is rape, however the link you present specifically relates to “marital” rape and the couple in this case were neither married or in in a relationship as far as we know.

There’s also some weasel words used in that article where it starts off with:

A survey commissioned by the End Violence Against Women coalition found that a third of people in the UK think it isn’t usually rape if a woman is pressured into having sex but there is no physical violence.”

Now being “pressured” into having sex where the person remains free to consent or not to consent is not rape. Pressure could simply amount to someone saying: I’ll get up and make the breakfast after a ride.
    Do they really say "pressured"! That's an americanism. Are they Americans ? Indeed is the survey American-originated ?
    By the way, that really isn't the best seduction line, I've ever heard of! Just saying like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do they really say "pressured"! That's an americanism. Are they Americans ? Indeed is the survey American-originated ?
    It’s the UK Gaurdian.. can you not view the link?

By the way, that really isn't the best seduction line, I've ever heard of! Just saying like.
    Yeah I was going to phrase it with something a bit more on the romantic side like:

‘Mornin Love.. fancy a slap up breakfast in bed after a ride… and shure leave me ironing till tomorrow”.

But then I got thinking about my reputation with some groups here as a p.ie convicted misogynist woman hating men's rights freak scum bag so I kinda decided to tone it down a bit..
    Last edited by Pabilito; 8th December 2018 at 12:17 AM.

Politics.ie Member Emily Davison's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pabilito View Post
    It’s the UK Gaurdian.. can you not view the link?

Yeah I was going to phrase it with something a bit more on the romantic side like:

‘Mornin Love.. fancy a slap up breakfast in bed after a ride… and shure leave me ironing till tomorrow”.

But then I got thinking about my reputation with some groups here as a p.ie convicted misogynist woman hating men's rights freak scum bag so I kinda decided to tone it down a bit..
    No wonder your wife took you to the cleaners. And you’re still not over that. Doubt she has to iron a thing though.
    A descendant of all the Witches they could not drown.