Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Wexford: Call the next GE Results

  1. #71
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    John Browne was hard working and decent pro-life TD. James will have little problem keeping his seat.
    Ireland, home of the Happy Clappy Feel Good Abortion

  2. #72
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    It's not a lie, I thought I had said that. Anyway, it is widely known. Happy now?



    No, it wasn't a lie.



    I didn't lie. But posters who have been on here for a long time know that I've given plenty of advance notice of things that subsequently came into the public domain. By the way I should add to that list earlier that I tried hard to tip posters off about the source of the Anglo Tapes - not easy to do given libel law, I could only drop hints that very few posters were mentally set up to understand. Your opinion of me is fairly irrelevant to me.
    Thanks for the clarification. You made a comment. You were called out. The ‘I thought I said that’ excuse then comes out (which you could easily have checked beforehand, as it was (n’t) the written word). So what you’re doing basically is repeating heresay on a subject that you haven’t actually had personal experience of, and passing it off as fact.
    Slán to Care. The Fine Gael way.

  3. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SweenyTodd View Post
    John Browne was hard working and decent pro-life TD. James will have little problem keeping his seat.
    That is complete nonsense. You should never over estimate the intelligence of the average FF voter in Wexford

  4. #74
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kildare
    Posts
    9,548
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    None of which is relevant to what I said. Wallace meekly does everything Clare Daly tells him to in the Dail.
    You know HBAP - not withstanding your FG affiliations I have some time for your posts and insights but occasionally you post utter nonsense (remember you chastised Paul Murphy for going to Israel as it had nothing to do with his constituency!!) and this is right up there - it's patronizing in the extreme to both deputies and factually incorrect.
    Politics.ie - from 'Ireland's leading politics and current affairs website' to predominantly an echo chamber of bigots, islamophobes and racists....

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The last seat is traditionally a dogfight between FF, FG and SF. I dont see a SF surge that some polls have shown. The presidential exit poll showed 15% support nationally. But a word of caution: turnout was pathetic (even by the standards of the turnout nationally) in some of their strongholds like MLMs constituency Dublin Central. They may do better in the GE.
    There is only one certainty in Wexford politics and that is that Enniscorthy district will elect 2 TD's and that Wexford district will elect normally one. So that's why Brendan Howlin and James Browne will be elected regardless and indeed their successors are also assured. The 2nd Enniscorthy TD will come from between Mythen and Paul Kehoe. Mythen is more likely at the moment, not because of any increase in support for SF but because FG are running Verona Murphy who is based in New Ross where Kehoe has also worked hard. He will lose votes to her and if she polls well she may pass him out and take a seat.
    Normally I would have thought Wallace would be regarded as the New Ross TD as he had a clear run of it. Now however he will lose to her in that district leaving the Gorey district with just one serious contender Michael D'arcy. FF have made a mistake in not running Malcolm Byrne who would at least challenge D'arcy for a seat.

    My prediction in order of election are D'arcy, Howlin, Browne, Mythen and Murphy. On the face of it SF gain from independent but those of us who read the tea leaves see it as something else.

  6. #76
    GDPR Deleted
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    103,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    There is only one certainty in Wexford politics and that is that Enniscorthy district will elect 2 TD's and that Wexford district will elect normally one. So that's why Brendan Howlin and James Browne will be elected regardless and indeed their successors are also assured. The 2nd Enniscorthy TD will come from between Mythen and Paul Kehoe. Mythen is more likely at the moment, not because of any increase in support for SF but because FG are running Verona Murphy who is based in New Ross where Kehoe has also worked hard. He will lose votes to her and if she polls well she may pass him out and take a seat.
    Normally I would have thought Wallace would be regarded as the New Ross TD as he had a clear run of it. Now however he will lose to her in that district leaving the Gorey district with just one serious contender Michael D'arcy. FF have made a mistake in not running Malcolm Byrne who would at least challenge D'arcy for a seat.

    My prediction in order of election are D'arcy, Howlin, Browne, Mythen and Murphy. On the face of it SF gain from independent but those of us who read the tea leaves see it as something else.
    I've never heard of Murphy but one if the parties has to take a crack at New Ross.

  7. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ted08 View Post
    I've never heard of Murphy but one if the parties has to take a crack at New Ross.
    Verona Murphy is the spokesperson for the Road Haulage Industry and will be focusing on Brexit, Rosslare Europort and transport. By all accounts she'll have a great welcome for herself on the doorsteps of the county.

  8. #78
    GDPR Deleted
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    103,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    Verona Murphy is the spokesperson for the Road Haulage Industry and will be focusing on Brexit, Rosslare Europort and transport. By all accounts she'll have a great welcome for herself on the doorsteps of the county.
    It's a good choice for all sorts of reasons. Between Murphy and McDonald, that definitely puts the squeeze on Wallace.

  9. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GDPR View Post
    It's a good choice for all sorts of reasons. Between Murphy and McDonald, that definitely puts the squeeze on Wallace.
    McDonald couldn't squeeze Ger Carthy let alone Wallace. If doubt if many Wallace voters were changing to vote for someone who had Bertie at their nuptials.

  10. #80
    Politics.ie Member MsDaisyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    McDonald couldn't squeeze Ger Carthy let alone Wallace. If doubt if many Wallace voters were changing to vote for someone who had Bertie at their nuptials.
    Have you seen her posters for a "public meeting"? 66% Councillor Fivehead, 33% meeting details. She actually canvassed at a friend's daughter's funeral a few years back, way more than the usual "sorry for your loss" pressing the flesh at funerals these ghouls do. I've had a burning hatred of her since.
    All the world's a stage... That we're just going through.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •