Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dublin West: Call the GE results

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Dublin West: Call the GE results

With thanks to Catalpast. The general idea is outlined on the main thread here:

Constituency by constituency threads for the next GE: utilising the P.ie hive mind

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Dublin West is fairly predictable

Leo Varadkar
    Jack Chambers
    Ruth Coppinger
    Joan Burton

- Paul Donnelly could snatch one of the last two -

most likely from JB

And that's it - no other serious contenders as of now.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

The fence, the capital, the other bits and occasionally the foreign bits
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    With thanks to Catalpast. The general idea is outlined on the main thread here:

Constituency by constituency threads for the next GE: utilising the P.ie hive mind
    Of the last two, I think Burton is most vulnerable. Labour's stock shows no sign of rising, and Burton seems not to have learned any of the lessons that caused Labour's demise in the first place.

That said, I think Coppinger may also struggle in view of the fact that there are no big struggles for her to latch on to.

! FF, 1 FG, 1 SF and one from Lab/AAAPBPSolinarnoszc;kjghdbife
    Belofte maakt schuld.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    Of the last two, I think Burton is most vulnerable. Labour's stock shows no sign of rising, and Burton seems not to have learned any of the lessons that caused Labour's demise in the first place.

That said, I think Coppinger may also struggle in view of the fact that there are no big struggles for her to latch on to.

! FF, 1 FG, 1 SF and one from Lab/AAAPBPSolinarnoszc;kjghdbife
    Agree re Burton; but Coppinger has probably enough profile. Are the SDs running anyone?
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Open to correction but I didnt think J Burton was running again.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post
    Open to correction but I didnt think J Burton was running again.
    She hasn't decided yet.
    We appreciate the move by the Government today and remind ourselves that it is a bail-out by taxpayers for the banks. Pearse Doherty

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    Agree re Burton; but Coppinger has probably enough profile. Are the SDs running anyone?
    Yes.
    Candidates for the next (2018-2021) General Election by constituency | Irish Elections: Geography, Facts and Analyses

(Adrian Kavanagh has been updating a webpage on candidates for the next GE for the last 2 years.)

Dublin West (4 seats): Deputy Leo Varadkar (Fine Gael), Emer Currie (Fine Gael), Deputy Jack Chambers (Fianna Fail), Cllr. Paul Donnelly (Sinn Féin), Cllr. Roderic O’Gorman (Green Party), Aengus Ó Maoláin (Social Democrats)
    We appreciate the move by the Government today and remind ourselves that it is a bail-out by taxpayers for the banks. Pearse Doherty

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    She hasn't decided yet.
    AFAIK she is definitely standing.
    Politics.ie - from 'Ireland's leading politics and current affairs website' to predominantly an echo chamber of bigots, islamophobes and racists....

Politics.ie Member the secretary's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 FG, 1FF, 1 Lab & 1 alphabet soup candidate
    Ravaging liberalism is Irelands new modern version of the intolerant RCC of the 1950's.

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only two safe seats look like Leo and Jack's, atlhough they would still need to keep the momentum up of course, which I assume them will be. There might be a bit of a blood bath for the final two seats.
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM | Wikimedia Commons |
    #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #PublicHealth #FreeEducation #IRLdev #GlobalDev #SDGs

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    The only two safe seats look like Leo and Jack's, atlhough they would still need to keep the momentum up of course, which I assume them will be. There might be a bit of a blood bath for the final two seats.
    I think you can add RC to that list - she's not rock solid but highly unlikely to lose. Any uplift for the second FG candidate would affect JB more, the shinners are unlikely to make the leap required to take out RC.
    Politics.ie - from 'Ireland's leading politics and current affairs website' to predominantly an echo chamber of bigots, islamophobes and racists....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast