Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saudi hit squad kills and dismembers journalist in Turkish consulate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Will the Irish govt. now warn citizens that it is dangerous to enter the Saudi Arabian embassy in Dublin.. or anywhere?
    Will Varadkar now expel Saudi Diplomats like he did with Russia over the Skripal Affair?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    It may have been a rendition gone wrong. Either way it’s outrageous. However, our friend Erdogan seems keen to play this down after some initial sputtering.
    They had a buzz saw on stand by to carve through bone.

Rendition my hole.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyc View Post
    They had a buzz saw on stand by to carve through bone.

Rendition my hole.
    Apparently, they brought a bone saw which is a standard and portable piece of morgue equipment. He may have been given a final ultimatum in there with the instruments of torture displayed and refused to play ball. It would have been a lot less trouble diplomatically to get him home and deal with him in KSA. And perhaps I’m crediting MBS and Co. with too much prudence.
    Last edited by Ardillaun; 12th October 2018 at 12:27 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Will Varadkar now expel Saudi Diplomats like he did with Russia over the Skripal Affair?
    more chance of Leo marring the Queen of Sheba first-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sir Richard Branson suspends Saudi business talks over Khashoggi affair | Business | The Guardian

Richard Branson is showing some much needed leadership.

Astonishing this hasn't taken off in diplomatic terms - it's almost unbelievable.
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMF chief attending Saudi conference, watching for news of journalist | Reuters

This hypocricy if of Irish proportions. Ms Lagarde is going to sidle up to Saudi diplomats and pretend to be reading her notes while whistling an old money laundering tune. The fact that her plan is published in the 'news' sources of the world may put the Saudis on their guard and they are likely to gather their skirts about them and move off.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel physically sick reading this.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/e...oggi-829291552

It took seven minutes for Jamal Khashoggi to die, a Turkish source who has listened in full to an audio recording of the Saudi journalist's last moments told Middle East Eye.

Khashoggi was dragged from the consul-general’s office at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and onto the table of his study next door, the Turkish source said.

Horrendous screams were then heard by a witness downstairs, the source said.

"The consul himself was taken out of the room. There was no attempt to interrogate him. They had come to kill him,” the source told MEE.

The screaming stopped when Khashoggi - who was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on 2 October - was injected with an as yet unknown substance.

Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy, who has been identified as the head of forensic evidence in the Saudi general security department, was one of the 15-member squad who arrived in Ankara earlier that day on a private jet.

Tubaigy began to cut Khashoggi’s body up on a table in the study while he was still alive, the Turkish source said.

The killing took seven minutes, the source said.

As he started to dismember the body, Tubaigy put on earphones and listened to music. He advised other members of the squad to do the same.

“When I do this job, I listen to music. You should do [that] too,” Tubaigy was recorded as saying, the source told MEE.
    Tapes Show Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi 'Decapitated': Turkish Media
    ...Saudi Arabia's consul to Istanbul, Mohammed al-Otaibi, can be heard on one tape saying during Khashoggi's torture: "Do this outside. You are going to get me in trouble."

The daily reported that in another tape, an unknown individual tells Otaibi: "If you want to live when you come to Saudi Arabia, be quiet!"
    Brexit says: Nothing is agreed until nothing is agreed.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
    IMF chief attending Saudi conference, watching for news of journalist | Reuters

This hypocricy if of Irish proportions. Ms Lagarde is going to sidle up to Saudi diplomats and pretend to be reading her notes while whistling an old money laundering tune. The fact that her plan is published in the 'news' sources of the world may put the Saudis on their guard and they are likely to gather their skirts about them and move off.
    Lagarde has pulled out of ME trip.
    Brexit says: Nothing is agreed until nothing is agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malbekh View Post
    It's hard to believe that an incident like this, and all that it imports, has a thread with one page of responses on what pretends to be a politics site. Because regardless of what Trump and Kushner have personally invested into the Saudis and MBS in particular, the ramifications of what happened, and the consequences from Congress in particular, will unravel Trump's entire Middle East policiy.
    Let's hope so.
    Click an ad a day on politics.ie

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by publicrealm View Post
    Sir Richard Branson suspends Saudi business talks over Khashoggi affair | Business | The Guardian

Richard Branson is showing some much needed leadership.

Astonishing this hasn't taken off in diplomatic terms - it's almost unbelievable.
    One word ......... Oil!
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast