Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Nobel Peace Prize announced

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Congratulations. I hope if NK denuclearised, President Donald J Trump will get it next time.
    Yes but you're an idiot and thankfully, outside of your bedsit, your opinion counts for bugger all.
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagertha View Post
    Do these things really mean anything any more? The world is just so messed up, this morning I read about a professor/lecturer who was fired from his job in a British university for saying that women don't have penises. Apparently it's offensive to transgender people to state the obvious fact that women do not have a penis. Don't get me wrong, sexual violence is never acceptable, men have been raping people during wars since time began and unfortunately that will never stop. I'm not sure what these two people actually achieved or how giving them an award actually makes a damned bit of difference, it certainly won't help any of the men women or children who are being raped right now all over the world in wars. He's doing something practical, she's just getting an award for being raped and talking about it.
    Youre actually one very nasty cnt of a so-called woman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    This year's Peace Prize goes to Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad "for their efforts to end the use of sexual violence as a weapon of war and armed conflict."

Denis Mukwege is a Congolese gynaecologist who has devoted his life to defending victims of sexual violence as a weapon of war. He is "the foremost, most unifying symbol of the struggle to end sexual violence in war and armed conflicts".

Nadia Murad is a Yazidi Kurdish human rights activist from Iraq. She is herself "a victim of war crimes. She has shown uncommon courage in recounting her own sufferings and speaking up on behalf of other victims".

A good decision. At least they didn't honour Laurel and Hardy.

[Edit] Link: Nobel peace prize 2018 won by Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad - live updates | World news | The Guardian
    The Laurel and Hardy thing is every other year. The award is basically folks voting to feel good about themselves. This was my favorite one:

She, along with Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Tawakkul Karman, were awarded the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize "for their non-violent struggle for the safety of women and for women's rights to full participation in peace-building work."[2][3] In October 2012, she disowned Sirleaf, accusing her of nepotism and doing little for the very poor.
    Don't confuse me with facts; my mind is already made up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Mukwege is a genuine hero.

The tears rush to my eyes when I read how women he helped with his surgical interventions raised money for a plane flight for him by selling onions and other products at the roadside.
    I'm like that with onions as well.. I only have to think about peeling them and my eyes start watering..
    The Daily Mail - Like spending 20 minutes in a mental hospital.

Politics.ie Member LISTOWEL MAN's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin3 View Post
    one very nasty cnt
    yesterday was Gerry Adams birthday

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LISTOWEL MAN View Post
    yesterday was Gerry Adams birthday

Thanks for that fascinating bit of information. Did you wish him a happy birthday?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yobosayo View Post
    The Laurel and Hardy thing is every other year. The award is basically folks voting to feel good about themselves.
    By any standard Mukwege was a worthy winner.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And when the Yasidis were being hunted down and killed or raped the saviour of the nation Jeremy Corbin MP stood up in the UK parliament and demanded that nothing be done to save them. The Stop the War coalition which he was closely associated with went one further and said that their prediciament was being exaggerated.
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    And when the Yasidis were being hunted down and killed or raped the saviour of the nation Jeremy Corbin MP stood up in the UK parliament and demanded that nothing be done to save them
    what do you expect from an IRA supporter ?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast