Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 112

Thread: 'Population growth must slow or disaster awaits' - Attenborough

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,014
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default 'Population growth must slow or disaster awaits' - Attenborough

    'Population growth must slow or disaster awaits' - Attenborough

    Now that we have Abortion: what's Next- Euthanasia?

    This Old Dinosaur thinks we should cut our numbers even further...!

    Slowing population growth is key to protecting the planet, David Attenborough has said.
    In an interview with 'Newsnight', the veteran broadcaster discussed the state and future prospects of the world's environment.
    The 92-year-old told the programme: "In the long run, population growth has to come to an end. There are some reasons for thinking that will happen almost inevitably."


    - Attenborough - Independent.ie

    Surely Dave should realise that it is not possible for a Species to do this and expect to survive?

    Where does this Death Wish for the Human Race originate from?

    Overpopulation is not the cause of environmental problems

    - Human Greed is.

    Most of the Earth's surface is uninhabited

    - there is plenty of space

    Man is an innovative Creature

    - we don't need to kill ourselves off as the Final Solution.
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  2. #2

    Default

    I think he is really referring to our rapidly increasing levels of consumption as people live longer, are taller, fatter and more fashion conscious so things have to be discarded long before they have depreciated. Effectively each person's footprint has rapidly increased. Higher waste charges and a levy on disposing of consumer goods would change our behaviours
    Four seconds to midnight

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    14,650
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    The Irish Politicians must listen to this wise man . They are hell bent on the Ponzi Scheme of Mass Immigration .

    Bonkers when they cannot look after the people that they have already .

  4. #4
    Temporary Ban
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The main problem in a lot of countries is demographic collapse - including Ireland. Mass immigration is presented as a "solution," but only creates inter-racial warfare and the acceleration of the collapse of the Native population.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taidhg Gaelach View Post
    The main problem in a lot of countries is demographic collapse - including Ireland. Mass immigration is presented as a "solution," but only creates inter-racial warfare and the acceleration of the collapse of the Native population.
    Do you think the Irish are contributing to the collapse of the rest of the world's population?
    If you were wrong, how would you know?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,014
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by middleground View Post
    I think he is really referring to our rapidly increasing levels of consumption as people live longer, are taller, fatter and more fashion conscious so things have to be discarded long before they have depreciated. Effectively each person's footprint has rapidly increased. Higher waste charges and a levy on disposing of consumer goods would change our behaviours
    Yes indeed - but all these are solvable

    A species can't survive by refusing to grow its numbers...
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member silverharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    FUIS CKLAM
    Posts
    15,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    need feminism in the third world, send first world feminists there, win win
    "So you think humans should run their societies like lobsters?"........ Cathy Newman C4 News

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,014
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    need feminism in the third world, send first world feminists there, win win
    They would soon come running back!
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    The Irish Politicians must listen to this wise man . They are hell bent on the Ponzi Scheme of Mass Immigration .

    Bonkers when they cannot look after the people that they have already .
    Emm, mass immigration as you call it, doesn't change global population numbers.

    I'm sometimes amazed by how you border fetishists misunderstand the most basic of things.
    "Ar is ed is lándíbud do cach ríg robæ, tan renas, is trúag in bríg, a fhír for in gæ" For it is utter ruin for every king ... when he barters, ... the truth for a lie.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Yes indeed - but all these are solvable

    A species can't survive by refusing to grow its numbers...
    Species always survive while maintaining numbers. It's what a balanced ecosystem is all about.
    "Ar is ed is lándíbud do cach ríg robæ, tan renas, is trúag in bríg, a fhír for in gæ" For it is utter ruin for every king ... when he barters, ... the truth for a lie.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •