Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Roscommon-South Leitrim Fine Gael TD Frank Feighan purchased an apartment in Bankso, Bulgaria, in 2005 without knowing that fugitive solicitor Michael Lynn's property company was behind it. He bought the Bulgarian apartment from fellow Leitrim county councillor Gordon Hughes (FG), who was an agent for Lynn's property company KenDar. He said he did not blame his party colleague for what had happened. Deputy Feighan is owed 48,000 by Lynn

    According to a Sunday newspaper, around 300 Irish investors handed over 5m to Lynn for Eastern European apartments. Around 3.8m of that sum was invested in Bulgaria. Mr Feighan said that he had received a promissory note (a pledge to repay the money) but didn't know if it was worth the paper it was written on. According to the latest register of TDs' interests, Mr Feighan lists 14 different land properties. Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Kildare
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Roscommon-South Leitrim Fine Gael TD Frank Feighan purchased an apartment in Bankso, Bulgaria, in 2005 without knowing that fugitive solicitor Michael Lynn's property company was behind it. He bought the Bulgarian apartment from fellow Leitrim county councillor Gordon Hughes (FG), who was an agent for Lynn's property company KenDar. He said he did not blame his party colleague for what had happened. Deputy Feighan is owed €48,000 by Lynn

    According to a Sunday newspaper, around 300 Irish investors handed over €5m to Lynn for Eastern European apartments. Around €3.8m of that sum was invested in Bulgaria. Mr Feighan said that he had received a promissory note (a pledge to repay the money) but didn't know if it was worth the paper it was written on. According to the latest register of TDs' interests, Mr Feighan lists 14 different land properties. Rather than floundering in dodgy deals with the Bulgars, Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
    Hmm no, they shouldn't, that would be called an unwise (in many cases) investment. FG reps tend not to be stupid. And our 'oul construction industry I think has had its fair share of investment from the irish people over the last decade. Some say too much.
    Ireland interests are best secured within a more dynamic EU. Vote YES to Lisbon.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    31,187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
    That's FF's territory
    Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by geraghd
    FG reps tend not to be stupid.
    Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
    That's FF's territory
    Probably why FF keep getting returned to office. Lot of jobs in construction.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Was Lynn an FF'r

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    31,187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Fine Gael's elected reps should surely be flying the flag for our ailing construction trade here at home.
    That's FF's territory
    Probably why FF keep getting returned to office. Lot of jobs in construction.
    Agree, but the graft has more to do with it.
    Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Kildare
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Quote Originally Posted by geraghd
    FG reps tend not to be stupid.
    Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
    So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
    Ireland interests are best secured within a more dynamic EU. Vote YES to Lisbon.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by geraghd
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Quote Originally Posted by geraghd
    FG reps tend not to be stupid.
    Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
    So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
    Especially the major banks. Going down like nine pins around the world or hadn't you noticed?

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Kildare
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Fine Gael Bulgarian property ring TD gets fingers burnt

    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Quote Originally Posted by geraghd
    Quote Originally Posted by Apparatchik
    Quote Originally Posted by geraghd
    FG reps tend not to be stupid.
    Still stupid enough to be stung by Lynn.
    So your argument is that anyone stung by lynn (including I believe major banks) are stupid? interesting logic...
    Especially the major banks. Going down like nine pins around the world or hadn't you noticed?
    different divisions of the banks there, or didnt you realise?
    Ireland interests are best secured within a more dynamic EU. Vote YES to Lisbon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •