Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Meeting of Families brandishes gay friendly priest after suppressing lesbians

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default World Meeting of Families brandishes gay friendly priest after suppressing lesbians

So seemingly to counterbalance the removal of lesbians from promotional material, they've now found a gay friendly padre

World Meeting of Families defends choice of speaker

The speaker, Fr James Martin, has said he hopes that Catholics who are LGBT will see the Vatican-approved invitation as "an unmistakable sign of welcome from the church".
    Our local bigot-savages are up in arms over this

But no one will admit to snipping the lesbians:
    Earlier this year references to LGBT people were dropped from promotional material produced by the WMOF.

A photograph of two women embracing and a video clip recorded by Irish-American Bishop David O'Connell were removed.
    Last week, Archbishop Martin, the host of the WMOF, said he did not censor...However, the Vatican's steward for the WMOF, Dublin-born Cardinal Kevin Farrell had already told RTÉ News that he did not drop the LGBT references either.
    So it seems the men-in-frocks are in denial over who booted the lesbians, but are joyously brandishing a gay friendly padre instead ...

Was this the plan all along ?

Just what is about to descend on Dublin ?

Cyp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I pity Priests and nuns. For wasting their one shot at life in obedience to a made up sky fairy.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Lesbians are also considered "gay". Certainly they are LGBT, which Fr Martin has said are welcome.
    Fair and Balanced

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I snipped a lesbian I'd put it on my CV.
    desperately coming to terms with my burrito addiction

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    I pity Priests and nuns. For wasting their one shot at life in obedience to a made up sky fairy.
    I pity those who claim not to believe but are afraid to live accordingly because they're not really, really sure.
    They lose every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    I pity those who claim not to believe but are afraid to live accordingly because they're not really, really sure.
    They lose every way.
    Wise up you pathetic gimp.

Temporary Ban
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLawrence View Post
    Wise up you pathetic gimp.
    Did I hit a nerve, diddums? Are you a quivering "atheist"?

well i would pity them but its their own fault, their own choice and their life to p1.ss away.

Do you pity chain smokers and boozers for the unpleasant consequences of their hobbies & pastimes ?
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

what about lost time ? while you were on your knees and gibbering in a cold church, i was enjoying a nice bit of salmon with tartar sauce. Guilt free.

or, while you were working on your eternal reward in the next life ( which may never arrive ) ...i was working on a paycheque which is guaranteed ?

dream on. Cop out of this life and live an imaginary illusion. Religion is for losers, weirdo's and the uneducated.
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could be worse, they could have signed up to the PS.
    FFG. Keeping the Axis of Corruption going!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast