Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: My Israel is Dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default My Israel is Dead

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...-law-1.6362251

The backlash against Nethanyahu's 'nation state law' is accelerating with more and more Israelis and Israel-supporters joining in condemnation of the apartheid law. The state that set out to be "a light unto the nations" has become the pariah with only one friend in the world - the USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think its a bit like a frog in a pot of boiling water for a lot of Israelis, the wrong that has been done has been slowly getting worse for decades but they have denied it, excused it and turned a blind eye to it internally and to the external world for so long they have become completely turned around.
    “The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” -Bertrand Russell

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In an odd way Zionism has never been so powerful yet at the same time so weak.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prester Jim View Post
    I think its a bit like a frog in a pot of boiling water for a lot of Israelis, the wrong that has been done has been slowly getting worse for decades but they have denied it, excused it and turned a blind eye to it internally and to the external world for so long they have become completely turned around.
    I don't like using the term "Israeli"- what most outsiders don't know is that Palestinian Jewish society is incredibly complex and that within it there is a colour coded pecking order, you might say even Apartheid among Jews with Beta Israel at the bottom, the thing is that Mizrachi and Beta Israel have unlike the Ashkenazi ruling class with their dual passports no where to run to when things turn bad which makes them easy pickings especially for the Mizrachi for historical reasons such as the horrific experiments on many of their children and the attempts to stamp out their culture by the Labour governments prior to 1977 for the Right. In the 1960s there were significant joins ups between the Mizrachi and the indigenous Palestinians in their struggles but now things don't look great in this regards. Beta Israel were shifted in during the famine in Ethiopia for window dressing purposes, since than there has been a constant effort to have them conform more and more to Ashkenazi practices. While the wealthy are extremely wealthy there is immense poverty Jewish poverty in Palestine- very many Jews live in crumbling housing complexes there surrounded by horrific amounts of drug abuse. I do have empathy for these people. Actually deep empathy- who I don't have empathy for are the "Alt-Right" Irish fanboys of Zionism and Irish Jews who say that they are Zionist but wouldn't actually live in the Zionist colonial project unless you paid them a lot of money and even than they would be hesitant to go.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...-law-1.6362251

The backlash against Nethanyahu's 'nation state law' is accelerating with more and more Israelis and Israel-supporters joining in condemnation of the apartheid law. The state that set out to be "a light unto the nations" has become the pariah with only one friend in the world - the USA.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unfortunately for you lot - Israel is very much alive.petunia

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Israel, an Irrational Hatred".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It has become an Apartheid regime which is using the WB as an incubator for Apartheid just as Ireland was used by the British for experiments later applied in the colonies like land dispossession and colonisation and caste based discrimination. It treats the Geneva Conventions and the UN with disdain and the disdain is returned. Most UN members are former colonies so of course they are not going support Israels settlements and racist massacres. If the Palestinians just let Israel do what it wants to do they will lose everything so they are instead following in the footsteps of Michael Collins and George Washington.
    Fair and Balanced

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Telstar 62 View Post
    Unfortunately for you lot - Israel is very much alive.petunia
    It isn't- Telstar be the brave bad Zionist and actually go and live there. Talk also to the brave Jews who are fighting for "Arab Israeli" rights and they aren't only coming from the Left but also from the Right (Left and Right are extremely complex as regards "Israeli"- very left wing people for instance vote for Shas and I well understand why).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    It isn't- Telstar be the brave bad Zionist and actually go and live there. Talk also to the brave Jews who are fighting for "Arab Israeli" rights and they aren't only coming from the Left but also from the Right (Left and Right are extremely complex as regards "Israeli"- very left wing people for instance vote for Shas and I well understand why).
    I prefer to see persecuted Jews in Europe have the option of going to live in their Jewish homeland.

The one Jewish state in the world.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast