Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 344 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless mother and 6 children forced to sleep in Garda station.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Homeless mother and 6 children forced to sleep in Garda station.

The family at the centre of the homelessness controversy have been speaking about their distressing experience sleeping in a Garda station last night.

Margaret Cash, and her six children made headlines when the Inner City Helping Homeless charity posted photographs of the children sleeping on chairs in the waiting area of Tallaght Garda Station with no mattresses, bedding or blankets.

Yesterday they said they went to the homeless section of South Dublin County Council to try again to secure accommodation, but to no avail.

It has since emerged that a place was offered to her late last night but it was not suitable because it was in Co Meath and had room for just five children.

RTÉ News: Homeless family of seven forced to sleep in garda station

Update:
    "Anthony Flynn, CEO of Inner City Helping Homeless (ICHH) stated that 'Margaret’s children were among 16 children to sleep in garda stations in Dublin last night'"

TheJournal: Family who spent night at garda station secure temporary accommodation after 'traumatic few days'
    Last edited by Wascurito; 10th August 2018 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Is rian crua é an rian fírinne.
    Pero camarada, ya han pasado.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If her predicament is so bad she would be on her knees thankful she was offered a place but she wasn't it says all you need to know what her agenda is.

Politics.ie Member Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    The family at the centre of the homelessness controversy have been speaking about their distressing experience sleeping in a Garda station last night.

Margaret Cash, and her six children made headlines when the Inner City Helping Homeless charity posted photographs of the children sleeping on chairs in the waiting area of Tallaght Garda Station with no mattresses, bedding or blankets.

Yesterday they said they went to the homeless section of South Dublin County Council to try again to secure accommodation, but to no avail.

It has since emerged that a place was offered to her late last night but it was not suitable because it was in Co Meath and had room for just five children.

Just merrily stirring it....Palestinians, the poor, the homeless. What a champ.
    “You tell me one party out there who doesn’t look after their own. I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s politics.” - Hilary Quinlan, Fine Gael

Watching all this on TV news, (she says "do you know what I mean" after every sentence, and refers to the Garda station as a Police station) but I digress, my question is where is the father (or fathers) of all these children? Who by the way seem healthy, well fed and well dressed. I do wish her well and hope she finds some where suitable for her self and her brood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razorblade View Post
    If her predicament is so bad she would be on her knees thankful she was offered a place but she wasn't it says all you need to know what her agenda is.
    What happened to make you such a vile person?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Just merrily stirring it....Palestinians, the poor, the homeless. What a champ.
    Pretty much all your replies to me these days involve projection - accusing me of having the traits that you demonstrate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    What happened to make you such a vile person?
    I dunno, the whole thing seems as dodgy as hell to me too.
    After all, tomorrow is another day.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just heard a bit of interview with her on newstalk. I thought she said 7 kids?

Unsurprisingly the journalist didn't ask her how many father's there are and what they are doing to look after their children , if anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know enough about the process or case. If she accepted a place out in Co Meath, is she then left isolated and unable to access necessary services? I doubt she has access to a car.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post

Get the popcorn.....the usual haters from FFG will be along soon to deflect from their dismal failure to provide social housing in this country.....
    FFG. Keeping the Axis of Corruption intact!

Page 1 of 344 123451151101 ... LastLast